Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8460p and Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it has a VGA port and I already tried it and not even detect the connection to the laptop.
As far as I know is not high resolution display.

VGA won't work. Your laptop has DisplayPort. Try it...

Intel Core i5-2540M Processor (2.60 GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores/4 threads, 35 W) Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
Intel HD Graphics 3000
14.0-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD anti-glare (1366 x 768 resolution)
Two SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory (8 gb)
300 Intel SSD 320 series.
The left side shows the power connector, 1394a connector, two USB 3.0 connectors, an SD/MMC card reader, a 54mm ExpressCard slot and NO optical drive 1 USB 2.0 port 1 e-sata etc.
Mobile Intel QM67 Express

You could also try this:
IGPEnabler=y IGPlatformID=00010000 dart=0

You mention ASUS AICPUPM...
Yes it is there almost at the beginning of the file it says "True"
I'd like to try this script :
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

How do I use it to install Mountain Lion ? I tried Mountain Lion.app and it didn't work (Mountain Lion installer is in the Application folder)
Thanks for all your help man.

I thought you were already able to create an installer using the Clover method (otherwise where did the panic come from). Not sure why you'd install ML when Mavericks is available... I've never created a Clover ML installer using the createinstallmedia method (used restore "basesystem" method instead). If createinstallmedia is available (?) maybe its arguments/syntax is different.

When using Clover, make sure you launch the installer with injected kexts.

Also, make sure your config.plist is formatted correctly for the version of Clover you're using. Pre v2000 config.plist is quite different from post v2000 config.plist.

This is getting a bit confusing, trying two different bootloaders at a time... You should probably pick one and stick with it.

I did make an installer of Clover.
So once it boots up I ESC/F9/Boot from EFI File/ I look for it BOOTX64.EFI click on it and I see the boot loader ? A dark screen with 2 Mavericks logos the left logo gives me the choice of installing from "INSTALL OS X MAVERICK" and the other one Boot MAC OS from the HD.

Now when I hit INSTALL OS X MAVERICK the MAC screen shows up for 2 secs and then it shows that screen shot I just posted.That's it.

I can't use the Displayport right now since i have to get an adapter.

I did make an installer of Clover.
So once it boots up I ESC/F9/Boot from EFI File/ I look for it BOOTX64.EFI click on it and I see the boot loader ? A dark screen with 2 Mavericks logos the left logo gives me the choice of installing from "INSTALL OS X MAVERICK" and the other one Boot MAC OS from the HD.

Now when I hit INSTALL OS X MAVERICK the MAC screen shows up for 2 secs and then it shows that screen shot I just posted.That's it.

Did you inject kexts? Hit space bar, and be sure to select injection. Make sure you have the kexts installed to CLOVER/kexts/10.9 (or CLOVER/kexts/10.8). At a minimum you need to inject FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement.

Also, if you're going to try Clover, you should be following nguyenmac's guide. I get the feeling you're not...

I can't use the Displayport right now since i have to get an adapter.

Did you try the other flags (with Unibeast USB) that I gave you?

To be honest with you because the problem Im having with this laptop is that I found out thanks to nguyenmac about Clover (I didn't know existed) so if I don't read I guide about it I have not idea what Im doing.
So yes Im fallowing his guide (Trying at least)... If Im not mistaken I got stuck on step #
6. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and Install Mavericks. The installer will extract necessary files to "Install OS X Mavericks" (not your target partition). This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE1.
I never get to this!

I didn't see anything about injecting anything in the guide ... So the answer to your question RehabMan is no , I haven't injected anything.
I just checked what I have in the kext folder and there's only 6 kexts :AppleIntelE1000e ,FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI ,ProBookARPT ,RealtekRTL8111 ,VoodooPS2Controller.

I did try your flags of course i did , they didn't work for me at least ... Im telling you this much Im learning a lot in this process so thanks.Do you want me to put NullCPUPowerManagement in the folder ? I didn't know about "hit the space bar" neither so Please don't assume I'm some kind of mac-guru because I'm not ...that's why I'm here to learn what I don't know.I appreciate your patience.

To be honest with you because the problem Im having with this laptop is that I found out thanks to nguyenmac about Clover (I didn't know existed) so if I don't read I guide about it I have not idea what Im doing.
So yes Im fallowing his guide (Trying at least)... If Im not mistaken I got stuck on step #
6. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and Install Mavericks. The installer will extract necessary files to "Install OS X Mavericks" (not your target partition). This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE1.
I never get to this!

I didn't see anything about injecting anything in the guide ... So the answer to your question RehabMan is no , I haven't injected anything.
I just checked what I have in the kext folder and there's only 6 kexts :AppleIntelE1000e ,FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI ,ProBookARPT ,RealtekRTL8111 ,VoodooPS2Controller.

I did try your flags of course i did , they didn't work for me at least ... Im telling you this much Im learning a lot in this process so thanks.Do you want me to put NullCPUPowerManagement in the folder ? I didn't know about "hit the space bar" neither so Please don't assume I'm some kind of mac-guru because I'm not ...that's why I'm here to learn what I don't know.I appreciate your patience.

Hit Space bar to get the Clover menu, then choose to inject kexts. I don't trust the auto-detect for injection.

Okay I hit space and I chose inject kexts .... and it didn't work so I chose safe mode and nothing, here is a screenshot of the error.

I think Im gonna go back to try Mountain Lion , since at least I can work on safe mode and see stuff and Install the OS X per se which I can't do it with Mavericks.
Besides I know that at least only one time , don't remember the steps (so many of them) I had running ML in normal mode with everything working but the HD3000.So at least closer than whats going on now.
It's tiresome man.
Do you have any suggestions before I go back to try to make my laptop work with ML ? Again I already have Mavericks working great on an i7 so not a big deal.I just want to make this laptop work with Mac.

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 140
Okay I hit space and I chose inject kexts .... and it didn't work so I chose safe mode and nothing, here is a screenshot of the error.

I think Im gonna go back to try Mountain Lion , since at least I can work on safe mode and see stuff and Install the OS X per se which I can't do it with Mavericks.
Besides I know that at least only one time , don't remember the steps (so many of them) I had running ML in normal mode with everything working but the HD3000.So at least closer than whats going on now.
It's tiresome man.
Do you have any suggestions before I go back to try to make my laptop work with ML ? Again I already have Mavericks working great on an i7 so not a big deal.I just want to make this laptop work with Mac.

Your getting a panic in AICPUPM with RCX=0xE2. Due to locked MSRs and unpatched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Make sure you have "ASUS AICPUPM" checked in Kernel and Kexts section of config.plist. Either that or be sure NullCPUPowerManagement is present in kexts/10.8/ or kexts/10.9 (not sure what version of OS X you're installing).

It's tiresome man.

Did you copy the correct config.plist to /EFI/Clover/ ? My config.plist will not show "inject kexts" in Clover screen menu, and it has ASUSAICPM checked already.

Please post your EFI/Clover/config.plist here.

Well guys ! I ran out of luck I guess :banghead: the motherboard went out.
I hope this wasn't part of the problem that the motherboard was dying on me.
So now I have to buy a new motherboard to replace this one.UGH!!!:-X
As soon as I fix it I'll be back ... I'm not giving up!
Thanks for everything see you soon...

Okay guys Im back after a new motherboard.Here Im sending you a screenshot of it...Im ready!!! I'm looking for advice, I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.4 but I'm still booting on Safe mode (it doesn't go in normal boot at all it freezes in the apple screen.) and can't boot from the Hd just yet (What bootloader should I use?).The one on Multibeast or Hp Probook ?

I tried several things , several combinations of things , Installed Mountain Lion a million of times but only once I was able to use it as it suppose to be in this Hp Elitebook 8460p.If you have read my post you know I have tried a lot ,so here I go one more time trying to make it work.

I'd like some guide (mind you I used the clover technique it didn't work for me at all) so now either Im gonna go with HP Probook Installer 6.1.11 or Multibeast 5.5.5 which somehow it worked only once using both at the same time some stuff from Hp Probook and some from Multibeast but I don't remember exactly what I did.Any guide/advice will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back