Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8460p and Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video card is a Intel HD3000 and I followed the guide that RehabMan pointed out.
I've read the one for Mavericks you talk about it's almost the same.

I'm only using HP Probook installer 6.1.11 ...again the installation goes great , but once I checked the stuff out in the installer (and use kext wizard to repair permissions and rebuild cache.)

I restart/shutdown the laptop (none of them work anyway I have to turn off the laptop the hard way manually) The laptop starts by itself I can see the boot loader , the Mac screen shows up the wheel start spinning and 5 secs later the wheel stop and the screen turns black and that's it.

Now if I try to get into safe mode... same deal , I see the progress bar and the spinning wheel moving at the same time and once the spinning wheel stops the screen turns black and that's it , Safe mode doesn't work neither.I have to reinstall the system all over again if I want to try different....it sucks!!

Now nguyenmac you said for you it was perfect , do you remember how did you do it ? What did you check in the installer ? I know it has to be some kext problem cause by the installer or something.
Here I leave a screen shot of the HP Probook 6.1.1

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

@nguyenmac ... I tried what you said DSDT=No -v it didn't work I'm sending you a screen shot of the moment where it gets stuck.
FYI : Almost every time after installing kexts manually or with the Installer , trying out stuff to see if I can load the system normally....it stops in the same spot,Sometimes on DSMOS has arrived most times on [IOBluetoothHCIController[start] -- completed.
As you'll see in the screen shot this time went a little further.
I googled it and try a few suggestions to fix it and none of them work.
Like installing Chimera 2.0.1

@RehabMan
Specs:

Manufacturer: Hewelett-Packard
Notebook model: HP Elitebook 8460p
CPU: Intel(R) core(TM) i5-2540M @2.6 ghz
Motherboard chipset: Intel QM67 Express
Video card: Intel HD 3000 @1024x768 (the laptop needs some work on (kexts) to be able to show 1366x768 native resolution, I'm not concern about it now since I can't start my laptop normally.)

*The only reason because I keep trying is because in some of the 20+ installations so far one of them was almost successfully done.
I explain: I was able...using Unibeast + Multibeast 5.2.1 (I know no the latest release)
to boot properly (no safe mode) with everything but the video card working (No QE/CI)
Then I realized I forgot the ethernet so Installed it manually AppleIntele1000e.kext ,once the laptop restarted it wont boot again.
So I downloaded the latest Multibeast 5.5.5 and try what I thought was the same configuration from before and from there I couldn't reproduce the almost successful installation again.
Yeap I tried going back to the old Multibeast but I don't remember exactly what I did since I was trying stuff left and right.But I know for sure that Mountain Lion works perfectly in this laptop.
I just can't get it right that's all.Thanks guys for all your support and ideas they are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• stuck.jpg
    stuck.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 654
@nguyenmac ... I tried what you said DSDT=No -v it didn't work I'm sending you a screen shot of the moment where it gets stuck.
FYI : Almost every time after installing kexts manually or with the Installer , trying out stuff to see if I can load the system normally....it stops in the same spot,Sometimes on DSMOS has arrived most times on [IOBluetoothHCIController[start] -- completed.
As you'll see in the screen shot this time went a little further.
I googled it and try a few suggestions to fix it and none of them work.
Like installing Chimera 2.0.1

What kexts are you installing? You should only need to use the ProBook Installer (follow the guide). No Multibeast, no manual kext installation.

@RehabMan
Specs:

Manufacturer: Hewelett-Packard
Notebook model: HP Elitebook 8460p
CPU: Intel(R) core(TM) i5-2540M @2.6 ghz
Motherboard chipset: Intel QM67 Express
Video card: Intel HD 3000 @1024x768 (the laptop needs some work on (kexts) to be able to show 1366x768 native resolution, I'm not concern about it now since I can't start my laptop normally.)

You need to place this information in your profile. It will get "lost" here.

@markos2

It would also be a good idea to check a couple of things:
- use DPCIManager -> PCI List. Make sure you have an MEI device
- check your CPU to be sure it is not a ES/QS chip (seems unlikely)

Here it is a screenshot of the PCI List.
Btw what you see in the background is the laptop working in safe mode without any boot loader or kexts add to it.It runs "good" in safe mode ....at least until I use HP ProBook (installing everything I need) and restart to try to get into normal mode.
After Hp ProBook does "it's job" things go down the drain.
Do you think it has something to do with the HD ? Is the only thing that doesn't belong to the laptop.
I bought a Intel SSD 300Gb to replace the stock one.What do you think?

Attachments

• DPCIManager.jpg
    DPCIManager.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 284
Here it is a screenshot of the PCI List.
Btw what you see in the background is the laptop working in safe mode without any boot loader or kexts add to it.It runs "good" in safe mode ....at least until I use HP ProBook (installing everything I need) and restart to try to get into normal mode.
After Hp ProBook does "it's job" things go down the drain.
Do you think it has something to do with the HD ? Is the only thing that doesn't belong to the laptop.
I bought a Intel SSD 300Gb to replace the stock one.What do you think?

PCI list looks good.

Try connecting an external HDMI monitor. If you get an image, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

In fact, post ioreg no matter how...

Okay @RehabMan ... My laptop doesn't have a HDMI connector/port :(

@enguyemac ... I tried the guide you told me ... I don't think this laptop supports Mavericks , I tried it your way (using the guide) and then my way meaning Unibeast + Multibeast since Hp Probook installer seems to fail as bad as the Multibeast anyway...and it stops at : IOBluetoothHCIController[start] -- completed :thumbdown:

If I follow your guide this is what I see as soon as it boots up:
Honestly I haven't seen anybody successfully installing Mountain Lion or Mavericks for that matter out there in this Elitebook 8460p laptop otherwise it shouldn't be such a big deal.I follow the guides and all and nothing works.I keep trying , I don't think enguyemac you had the very same laptop I have , otherwise the guide would work.Now how do I make the script do the same but with Mountain Lion ? I changed it to Mountain Lion.app and it failed.Thanks !

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    996.9 KB · Views: 165
Okay @RehabMan ... My laptop doesn't have a HDMI connector/port :(

I assume it has DisplayPort, then. Use that.

@enguyemac ... I tried the guide you told me ... I don't think this laptop supports Mavericks , I tried it your way (using the guide) and then my way meaning Unibeast + Multibeast since Hp Probook installer seems to fail as bad as the Multibeast anyway...and it stops at : IOBluetoothHCIController[start] -- completed :thumbdown:

Maybe you have a high-resolution display? I don't know as your profile is incomplete.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

If so, did you use Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml as the guide says?

If I follow your guide this is what I see as soon as it boots up:
Honestly I haven't seen anybody successfully installing Mountain Lion or Mavericks for that matter out there in this Elitebook 8460p laptop otherwise it shouldn't be such a big deal.I follow the guides and all and nothing works.I keep trying , I don't think enguyemac you had the very same laptop I have , otherwise the guide would work.Now how do I make the script do the same but with Mountain Lion ? I changed it to Mountain Lion.app and it failed.Thanks !

That panic is caused because you don't have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patch in place. Make sure "ASUS AICPUPM" is checked in your config.plist inside Clover Configurator.

Yes it has a VGA port and I already tried it and not even detect the connection to the laptop.
As far as I know is not high resolution display.

Intel Core i5-2540M Processor (2.60 GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores/4 threads, 35 W) Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
Intel HD Graphics 3000
14.0-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD anti-glare (1366 x 768 resolution)
Two SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory (8 gb)
300 Intel SSD 320 series.
The left side shows the power connector, 1394a connector, two USB 3.0 connectors, an SD/MMC card reader, a 54mm ExpressCard slot and NO optical drive 1 USB 2.0 port 1 e-sata etc.
Mobile Intel QM67 Express

You mention ASUS AICPUPM...
Yes it is there almost at the beginning of the file it says "True"
I'd like to try this script :
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

How do I use it to install Mountain Lion ? I tried Mountain Lion.app and it didn't work (Mountain Lion installer is in the Application folder)
Thanks for all your help man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back