Contribute
Register

EliteBook 840 G1: Lost sleep after installing BCM4352

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that on my u430 sleep still works just fine with the 5Ghz patch (still investigating whether there is any difference with vs. without).

What do you mean by "also the delay"?

Hi Rehabman,
the delay of 10 - 15 sec with USB/BT mouse on wake from sleep.
best regards

Hi Rehabman,
the delay of 10 - 15 sec with USB/BT mouse on wake from sleep.
best regards

Are you certain this isn't caused by BrcmPatchRAM.kext (remove it to find out)?

I'm in the process of fixing what sounds like a similar bug with my u430. I'm making some changes to the way the-darkvoid's BrcmPatchRAM.kext works and will release the fixed version soon.

FYI: My fork of BrcmPatchRAM.kext is available.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads

Rehabman,
Product ID: 0x21fb
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c
Coldboot BT firmware v14 c5545
wake up from sleep BT firmware v14 c5574
is this happen just because im using old firmware in windows (v14 c5545)?
seems this firmware changing makes my probook gets KP (random restart after wake up from sleep)

edited 21fb firmware in info.plist to v14 c5545 and installed in S/L/E solve the problem

Rehabman,
Product ID: 0x21fb
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c
Coldboot BT firmware v14 c5545
wake up from sleep BT firmware v14 c5574
is this happen just because im using old firmware in windows (v14 c5545)?
seems this firmware changing makes my probook gets KP (random restart after wake up from sleep)

edited 21fb firmware in info.plist to v14 c5545 and installed in S/L/E solve the problem

The BrcmPatchRAM that I built uses firmware 14 v5744 for 0x21fb.

What do you mean by "Coldboot... firmware". In these devices there is no firmware on a cold boot. Please note that you will use the Windows firmware in OS X in the case of a restart from Windows (note: restart from Windows is not a cold boot).

In the case of a cold boot, or wake from sleep, you should end up with the firmware programmed into the kext.

Are you sure you're using the kext I linked? Older versions of the ProBook Installer were using BTFirmwareUploader.kext, which may have different firmware, and has bugs related to wake from sleep.

Updated BrcmPatchRAM.kext with your new version, now no delay in BT after wake up from sleep.
thanks again RehabMan.

Thanks for reporting the results.

Hi
My system is HP ProBook 450 g1 with BCM94322HM8L rebranded by prasys guide as BCM43xx.
Wi-Fi works fine, but system can't sleep. If i remove the adapter it sleeps well. Also i tried ATHEROS AR5BHB92 AR9280 - same issue.
My other laptop PB 4540s sleeps well with both adapters
View attachment RehabMan.tar.gz

Hi
My system is HP ProBook 450 g1 with BCM94322HM8L rebranded by prasys guide as BCM43xx.
Wi-Fi works fine, but system can't sleep. If i remove the adapter it sleeps well. Also i tried ATHEROS AR5BHB92 AR9280 - same issue.
My other laptop PB 4540s sleeps well with both adapters
View attachment 131291

What is the specific issue with sleep?

issue is the same
system try to sleep but it wakes up automatically just after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back