Contribute
Register

EliteBook 840 G1: Lost sleep after installing BCM4352

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed _DSM from ARPT, restart, wifi works, but still no 5Ghz channels:
Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

It works with the 5Ghz kext patch though.

Working fine here. I wrote this message connected to my 5Ghz router SSID. I'll play with the 5Ghz patch to see if I notice any difference.

Maybe locale/regdomain issue...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Working fine here. I wrote this message connected to my 5Ghz router SSID. I'll play with the 5Ghz patch to see if I notice any difference.

Maybe locale/regdomain issue...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
For some reasons, IOReg and IOJones always hang on my system... can't give you ioreg. I don't have 5Ghz wifi to test, but the number of Supported Channels is doubled with the patch.

For some reasons, IOReg and IOJones always hang on my system...

I've seen that happen when an SSDT is being loaded that is actually text. You might want to check what you have in ACPI/patched.

can't give you ioreg. I don't have 5Ghz wifi to test, but the number of Supported Channels is doubled with the patch.

No worries... I'm still rather focused on bluetooth here, so not going to worry about this now.... And I don't imagine you're too worried about it if you don't even have a 5Ghz router.

I've seen that happen when an SSDT is being loaded that is actually text. You might want to check what you have in ACPI/patched.

I only have DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml, and both are loaded correctly, I just check with MacIASL > New from ACPI.

It is working for me.

I have BCM94352 on my Lenovo u430.

- using FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext to enable WiFi. No other patches for WiFi. 5Ghz works.

- using BrcmPatchRAM to load BT firmware. Using (a single) config.plist patch IOBluetoothFamily to enable handoff/hotspot.

Only problem is that BrcmPatchRAM causes an annoying delay (10 to 15 sec) with USB mouse on wake from sleep. I'm working on fixing it.

this worked for me!
added FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext & removed other patches for Wifi.
Now sleeps perfectly, but I noticed also the delay. Not too much annoying compared with previous situation of no sleep... ;)
Thanks Rehabman.

I only have DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml, and both are loaded correctly, I just check with MacIASL > New from ACPI.

Are you using IORegistryExplorer v2.1?

this worked for me!
added FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext & removed other patches for Wifi.
Now sleeps perfectly, but I noticed also the delay. Not too much annoying compared with previous situation of no sleep... ;)
Thanks Rehabman.

Note that on my u430 sleep still works just fine with the 5Ghz patch (still investigating whether there is any difference with vs. without).

What do you mean by "also the delay"?

#8 nguyenmac is say same my 4540s Missing 5Ghz channels

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    490.6 KB · Views: 67
Are you using IORegistryExplorer v2.1?

Yes. Even 3.0, 2.1 and Iojones are the same. I think it may conflict with my installed software. Just too lazy to reinstall.

Mystery solved.

When I setup my router I gave the two different SSIDs different names. Intending to use a suffix ".24" for the 2.4Ghz radio and ".50" for the 5Ghz radio. But I accidently reversed the names, such that I had "mynet.24" for the 5Ghz and "mynet.50" for the 2.4Ghz. Oops!

It meant that I thought I was connecting to the 5Ghz radio, when I really was connected the 2.4Ghz radio...

When I applied the "5Ghz" patch, all the sudden I had the "mynet.24" showing up :)

So... bottom line: FakePCIID.kext fixes the AirPlay/AirDrop stuff, but not the 5Ghz. We need the patch for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back