Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind... my BIOS was automatically reselecting UEFI for the SSD instead of legacy. Changed that and changed XHCI from smart auto to auto and was able to boot into Mavericks.

Despite the kext modifications for video, I only get 1024x768 on my HDMI screen.
Is there a way to change it to get higher resolution (my TV is 1920x1080) ?

Thanks

I updated to 10.9.5 from 10.9.4 with some difficulty, but the following should serve you well.

:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks which has the latest ACL8xx audio drivers;
:ch: Make sure you still have KextBeast and toleda's AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext handy as you'll need it after you update <--- Now in MultiBeast v6.5+;
:ch: Download the Combo Update and run the Combo Update to update to 10.9.5 which will want you to reboot;
:ch: Re-boot with -v -x (optionally maxmem=4096);
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892,
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support,
:ch: Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA,
:ch: (optionally) Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM Patch;​
:ch: Put the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext on the desktop and run KextBeast;
:ch: Re-boot with UseKernelCache=No (may need =v); and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

Audio works after auto sleep then wake-up.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
 sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Have you lost USB3 after upgrading to 10.9.5?

MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.5.0 is out replacing the need for the two original post's added kext and graphics patch. Now use:
Drivers > Audio > Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support
Drivers -> Graphics -> Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics Fix​

A new "fix" was added for the 9-Series SATA controllers which are displayed as Generic AHCI Controller in System Profiler. All of the drives are now shown as "internal."
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA​

MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.5.0 is out replacing the need for the two original post's added kext and graphics patch. Now use:
Drivers > Audio > Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support
Drivers -> Graphics -> Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics Fix​

A new "fix" was added for the 9-Series SATA controllers which are displayed as Generic AHCI Controller in System Profiler. All of the drives are now shown as "internal."
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA​

Have you considered doing a Clover guide? I made the jump and it really wasn't that hard. I figured that the time I would spend reinstalling Windows (so that Chameleon/Chimera would recognize it), could be spent actually learning something. Clover seems more stable. There was definitely less Kext modification etc. Graphics were super easy...no fixes! Sound was easy (Toleda's config.plist additions). Sleep works great. I guess I have Intel Speedstep working. What's also nice about Clover is that it doesn't matter what configuration you have as far as bootloaders are concerned. Someone could just grab a new hard drive, put it in, and not have to worry about reinstalling Windows, which is just crazy if you have a lot of stuff to migrate (also considering the absolutely stupid upgrade path that some people have to do to get 8.1 back on their computers...install Win 7, then 8, then 8.1).

If you need any more info about a Clover install just contact me.

Oh yeah...does it matter if the SATA controllers show as generic?

Have you considered doing a Clover guide?...If you need any more info about a Clover install just contact me.
Nope. Tonymacx86 has a good working Clover Guide, and I've used it. But, for now, I'm sticking with UniBeast and Chimera to see how far we can take. Don't take me wrong, Clover might be the way of the future, but it's not ready for the majority of our users. Now, when CloverBeast is developed...:thumbup:

congruent said:
Oh yeah...does it matter if the SATA controllers show as generic?
See here for more information: http://www.tonymacx86.com/announcem...-x79-x99-9-series-chipset-identification.html. Think of it like graphics cards framebuffers.

Hey Stork,
I'm putting together my Hackintosh, but seem to be getting stuck on the gray Apple loading screen and it just goes black after. I followed the TonyMacx86 guide exactly, but it keeps getting stuck on the gray screen with the Apple logo. I don't have a graphics card, but here are my specs:

Intel Core i7-4790K (CPU)
Z97N-WIFI (motherboard)
Corsair CS 550 Watt Modular (power supply)
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 (RAM)
BitFenix Phenom Black mini-ITX (case)
250GB SSD (drive)

I pretty much used the CustoMac Mini Deluxe build, but with a 9 series motherboard and no graphics card. Is there any hope of OS X Mavericks running with this CPU and motherboard and no graphics card? Thank you so much.

If you followed the steps in my Guide (original post), then you should have a working system.

However, Haswell has tight spec's. Make sure your memory listed on the Z97N's memory list and your PSU is Haswell "ready" or "certified." Otherwise you'll have problems.

Now, that said, where are you getting stuck? Are you trying to boot into the Mavericks installer?

Yes, I'm trying to boot into Mavericks Installer, but my screen just goes blank after the Apple gray screen loads for about three minutes. I get the error "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory" and "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : get CPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported."

I encountered a weird problem maybe someone here knows how to fix.

I just did a fresh install on a system:

Gigabyte z97n
i3 4370 hd4600
Mavericks 10.9.5
Multi beast 6.5.0

I did the normal install for Mavericks. I then did my MB install and rebooted. I went to disk utility and tried to open it and I got a generic error and it wont open. I booted back into usb installer repaired permissions and booted back into my system but disk utility still doesn't work. Anyone have an idea why this occurred? Do I just try to reinstall Mavericks? Everything else is working perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back