Contribute
Register

Dual Booting Windows 7 + Mac (Mountain Lion) with both Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse - Bluetooth Se

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running an El Capitan 10.11.3 / Windows 8.1 dual boot and haven't been able to get this to work with the recommended Belkin bluetooth dongle. The dongle itself seems to work as I'm able to use my Magic Mouse with both operating systems but only by pairing them manually on every start up. Using the usb port on a wired mac keyboard as it's the only option that doesn't display any lagged mouse movement in Windows.

Tried the initial "manual" setup guide on the first page and the script provided by badluck. El Capitan paired the mouse once after a restart but didn't do it again. At this point Windows is unable to even remove the device from the list for re-pairing.

I've attached pictures of the unique identifier OS X gave me and the binary values before and after changing them in Win 8.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• changed.jpg
    changed.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 488
  • mousewin81.jpg
    mousewin81.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 477
  • osxbluetooth.jpg
    osxbluetooth.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 412
Just did this on dual boot El Capitan 10.11.4 and Windows 10 and it stil works for Apple Magic Mouse 2! Thank you so much for this guide!

Did the guide and paired Apple Wireless Mouse and Apple Keyboard. They started to work but in a few seconds they self deleted from paired devices and gone!

How it that possible?

Tried two or three times but all the same. I pair it and it's gone after 5-10 sesonds.

Bootcamp 5, iMAC 27 Late 2012.

Work with El Capitan 10.11.5 with Windows 10 Pro 64 but one thing to add is I install the latest bootcamp 6 thru command prompt including the apple driver keyboard and trackpad. And also use the trackpad control panel from the link provided. Thank you for your hard work.

Followed the guide on El Capitan 10.11.5 and Windows 10 and it works like charm. I did not have to install bootcamp drivers for the keyboard to work but then I guess it is required for the function keys to work.

I was about to order a wired keyboard when I thought wireless keyboard doesn't work on dual booting system. Thanks for the guide. Cheers

Not work with Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse.
Paired and used OK in Mac(10.11.5) and Windows(7/10). Unfortunately, I follow the steps in MAC there shows two key codes named IRK and LTK. I think LTK should be the linkkey.
In Win 7, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\*MAC* it shows "0102030405060708090a020c0d0e0f10". Tried enter the converted linkkey with MAC and fails to work.
In Win 10, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\*MAC* it shows several codes CSRK IRK and LTK. IRK is matched with the convertion what it shows in MAC. Tried enter the converted linkkey with MAC and fails to work.
Now maybe the problem is caused by the bluetooth version of Designer(BLE4.0) and the information shows different as the tutorial mentioned. Could anyone help me to solve the problem?

Thanks,

I was following this guide and when I got to step 16 I noticed that the binary data on windows matched exactly what I was about to enter. In the end my magic trackpad 2 works on both Windows 7 and OS X 10.11 with no setup needed other than having to pair it with mac first and then windows. It also works in my BIOS and in clover boot loader. :thumbup: While I ended up not needing the guide, I'm sure it would have worked perfectly if I did.

work perfectly for me.
with Magic Keyboard 2 / Magic Mouse 2
thank you verrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy much!!

ACC: Magic Keyboard 2 (charging type) / Magic Mouse 2

Works perfect as detailed in initial post page 1.
Windows 10 + Sierra 10.12.3 + Apple Magic Mouse 1.
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back