Contribute
Register

Dual Booting Windows 7 + Mac (Mountain Lion) with both Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse - Bluetooth Se

Status
Not open for further replies.
got Magic Trackpad working by editing devicemergenub.kext with correct device id

got my 3rd monitor working thusly,
assuming DSDT, info.plist, and smbios.plist are correct for motherboard.

using Gigabyte gv-r6870c-1gd amd radeon series HD 6870

secret, for me, was a dummy mini-display/dvi adaptor in 2nd mini display port.

1-top mini display port = active mini display to dvi adaptor with NOTHING CONNECTED
2-2nd min display port = active mini display to dvi adaptor with dvi to hdmi cable running to TV
3-HDMI port = hdmi to DVI adaptor to DVI monitor
4-DVI port = DVI to DVI monitor

TA DA!

perfect, now it works like a charm!

thank you (this problem got me freaked out for days)

Thanks so much for this guide. It worked perfectly for my magic trackpad as well as the wireless keyboard for those asking/wondering. Now if only my mobo's BT had BIOS support so I could choose a boot option in Chimera I would be in heaven with this setup. I have heard you can get a really inexpensive BT usb dongle that has BIOS/Chimera support but it still seems wasteful to buy a BT dongle when I already have BT. Anyone know where to point me as how to maybe get this setup working with my current BT? Maybe I can make the system load my specific drivers at boot? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to the OP and the whole community here!

For anyone out there who's using windows 8, to find the unique identifier, press the windows button (or cmd on an apple keyboard) start typing "control panel", and click on control panel when it comes up. Next click on hardware, then click devices, and you should see a list of your Bluetooth devices that are connected, right click and press properties, then go to the Bluetooth tab and you'll see the unique identifier number. Now continue with the rest of the original tutorial.

apple mouse and keyboard work for me in Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and Windows 8, on separate drives. Only problem for me is it takes like 10-20 seconds for the mouse to start working in windows 8. Also still trying to find a way to use Bluetooth in chimera and bios. :D

For anyone out there who's using windows 8, to find the unique identifier, press the windows button (or cmd on an apple keyboard) start typing "control panel", and click on control panel when it comes up. Next click on hardware, then click devices, and you should see a list of your Bluetooth devices that are connected, right click and press properties, then go to the Bluetooth tab and you'll see the unique identifier number. Now continue with the rest of the original tutorial.

apple mouse and keyboard work for me in Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and Windows 8, on separate drives. Only problem for me is it takes like 10-20 seconds for the mouse to start working in windows 8. Also still trying to find a way to use Bluetooth in chimera and bios. :D
Belkin F8T016 does.

Yes, tested on GA Z77X UD5H, GA Z77N WiFi, GA Z77 DS3H, ASRock Z77E ITX, Zotac Z77 ITX WiFi. It's bluetooth 2.0, but it never bothered me not having 4.0

What about between multiple instances of OSX?

i.e. between Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion. Seems like I have to repair everytime.

I've got my magic mouse working on both my Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion and Windows 7.
However in Windows 7 it stops working if I do a fast user switching without logging off from the first user.
It only keeps on working if I first log off and then log on to the next user.
Any solution for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back