Contribute
Register

DSDT-P55-UD5 - Bios F7 - Freshly Edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
mlpw said:
WillSmash said:
Just installed Windoze 7 Ultimate 64 and downloaded bios from Gigabyte site but can't get it to run? I read that the 'voodoo' method doesn't give you the extra outputs and introduces popping sounds, is this the case?

Is Speed Stepping and sleep achievable with our motherboard? My GTS 250 isn't recognised either. Sorry for al the questions :oops:

Don't try to update the BIOS from within Windows. I have heard that it has a tendency to corrupt the BIOS.

Stop spreading lies, that's simply not true. That was years ago and Gigabyte offers a very easy to use BIOS upgrade tool that works just fine in Windows. I've done it many times over the past few years and I've never had a problem with it. And even IF something was to go wrong, Gigabyte has two BIOS chips on the board, so it's not as if your system will fail as the backup will kick in.

Hello Lost Swede (and fellow Hackintoshers), thanks for all the advice.

Which BIOS upgrade tool are you referring to? I'm writing this from Windows 7 64 and having no luck with what I downloaded from their site as it says it can't run it? Wierd.

I phrased it wrong when I said that my GTS 250 is not recognised. It looks like it's working but doesn't show up identified in system profiler. I've since read that patching the DSDT can solve that.

PS: Lost Swede, your name wouldn't be Simon would it?

Hi Lost Swede, sorry not been able to tinker with my Hackintosh for a while and reply. Thanks for the link, have now upgraded to F7 but now the multibeast is only giving me the DSDT option for F8. Argh!

As for the Simon stuff I know a Swede called Simon who built himself a Hackintosh and I thought it could be you. Sorry.

Time to update that BIOS again, and there will be more chances to do that very soon ;)
You might just as well hold off until the next version, as F8 didn't seem to do much worthy of an upgrade.

I take it you know there are some 9 million Swede's in the world, right? I know it's not that many, but still... and I'm sure I'm not the only one with a Hackintosh either for that matter :cool:

Thanks for the advice lostswede. Sorry for the tediousness of my troubles but I've managed to get up to f8 and loaded up the DSDT from Multibeast but it doesn't change one thing. No sound, no identified GTS250 with QE, don't know if CL is working but probably not, no sleep. Nada. Zip.

If your reading Tony, I'm ot sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure multibeast is repairing permissions because I can hear the disk chugging away for ages at the end but nothing seems to change with the latest DSDT.

I've also had a stab at using the utility to modify my own DSDT as it has code chunks for all bits I need, but when I 'save' the file and then open it up again after permission repairs the DSDT remains stubbornly identical without the graphics or speedstep or whatever fix that I put in there. :confused: :?: :crazy:

Did you try using my audio install guide?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=233
Or the new MultiBeast, as that has the same kexts.

You have to edit in the parameters in the DSDT by yourself to get the card details showing up, feel free to copy the information from my DSDT http://dl.dropbox.com/u/911286/DSDT-GA- ... TS_250.aml

You don't save the DSDT, you need to compile it, I suggest you read this guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... dtaml.html as well as http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... phics.html
The compiled file will pop up in another folder, rename it DSDT.aml (rather than dsdt.aml) and drop in in the /Extra folder, no need to rebuild disk permissions, reboot and it should work.

Hi, thanks for the help. I tried taking out the whole of the 'Extra' folder in the root and using multibeast to create a fresh folder with all relevant bits and the DSDT for my motherboard. No material difference and audio not working QE/CL etc. o_O

I'm now clueless short of either re-installing Snow and trying again or trying to hack the DSDT again with 'DSDTSE', which according to some of the other guides can 'compile' before saving, and going through the guides you suggested. I'm actually posting from a seemingly stable Snow right now. It's just that a lot of the AV stuff is not working. :confused:

If it clears anything up I have a partitioned drive with Windows 7 and an XP Partition currently empty as I can't install it for some reason and am booting using the tonymacbootcd to get to my partition.

You haven't per chance disabled the audio in the BIOS? Check the Azalia codec settings. I know it's a long shot, but worth a check.

I don't get it, it should work just fine, although I don't know if the audio pin-outs per chance are different on that board. However, that's a bit of a PITA to check as you have to boot into OS X without a DSDT to find out about that. But I'm fairly sure it should be working. Have you tried installing the HDAenabler.kext just to see what happens?

Have followed your instructions for the audio guide to the letter and no luck. :confused:

It's a mystery why my 889a refuses to work. Azalia is on. I'm pretty resigned to a fresh install now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back