HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just made the fresh edits for this one- bios version F7. Thanks for the submission mlpw!

Public/DSDT-GA-P55-UD5-F7.aml

Let's get all of these Gigabyte ones updated- PM me vanilla extracts (make sure you're not booting with any DSDT) for boards that aren't labeled, or have old versions. :)

Hi Tony, just wanted to say thank you for setting up this hackintosh site. I wouldn't have built my new i5 rig with GA-P55-UD5 without the growing community trying to make working hackintoshes viable.

I followed your 'Retail' article and got SL working in some capacity. Multibeast helped too but I can't get sound on it to work (I think it's a 889a). The other thing I tried was to get speed step to work by using the DSDT editor recommended but it does not seem to save the changes I make regardless of repairing permissions or not. I'm not a overclocking nut and if anything I want speed step to tone down the i5 in the hope that the system/heatsink fans will slow down as they are at full throttle and fairly noisy with the standard 2.88 ghz default but with temps of only 32C I think there's plenty of wiggle room (Zalman CNPS 10X Performa).

I'm under no illusions that everything is going to work straight away and see it as a work in progress to make SL the primary OS on my new system. Gonna install windoze and upgrade my bios to F7 as it is currently F4 to try the new DSDT and provide some feedback.

Cheers, will give it a go as soon as I can and give feedback. Mac with no sound is no fun. I'm a total noob so am treading carefully but surprised you can get this far already. How stable is the hackintosh once configs are out the way? Just wondering really, still got a way to go. Thanks.

That's very cool. I want to make it as seamless a experience as possible and that's only been possible recently. I really wanted the new iMac with i5 or i7 but plumped for a Dell U2410 and the set up below which cost me almost half as much (but with a better graphics card!). I'm sure I'll be back with many questions but will try the update. Good luck with the Multibeast thing, it's just the sort of 'Mac' experience we've all come to expect.

Just installed Windoze 7 Ultimate 64 and downloaded bios from Gigabyte site but can't get it to run? I read that the 'voodoo' method doesn't give you the extra outputs and introduces popping sounds, is this the case?

Is Speed Stepping and sleep achievable with our motherboard? My GTS 250 isn't recognised either. Sorry for al the questions :oops:

WillSmash said:
Just installed Windoze 7 Ultimate 64 and downloaded bios from Gigabyte site but can't get it to run? I read that the 'voodoo' method doesn't give you the extra outputs and introduces popping sounds, is this the case?

Is Speed Stepping and sleep achievable with our motherboard? My GTS 250 isn't recognised either. Sorry for al the questions :oops:

VoodooHDA works pretty good, but I'd recommend LegacyHDA 889a Audio option with the new DSDT- it's in the newest MultiBeast. Also install NVEnabler.kext for your GTS250.

Also, if the audio doesn't work out like you want it, check out this guide by thelostswede:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=233

Good luck! :mrgreen: :D

WillSmash said:

Don't try to update the BIOS from within Windows. I have heard that it has a tendency to corrupt the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back