Contribute
Register

DSDT for Lenovo y570 (Help Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replying. Can you send me your DSDT file please.

You're welcome. I'll have to send it from my laptop later. The one that was posted earlier in this thread was the one I was using. If you cant download that one anymore, I'll repost it.

Keep me updated If you get it working. And good luck!

Please repost it or email it to me.

Sorry it took me a couple of days the file should be attached.

Attachments

• Lenovo y570_DSDT.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 138
I have managed to upgrade to Mountain Lion and I have got everything besides the WiFi and the NVidia graphics working. I bought an Intellinet USB wifi dongle which has Realtek drivers which is working perfectly. I followed the HP Pro Book installation instructions to get everything working, but thanks for DSDT anyway. Have you managed to get the NVidia graphics working? I am running on HD3000.

I read somewhere that the nvidia graphics won't work due to driver issues, someone could have figured it out since then though. Could you post a link to those instructions? You haven't ran into any kernel panics and can boot from the hard drive?

Yes I can boot from the harddrive. I did run into many kernel panics several times before I decided to follow the HP Pro Book installation selecting Mac Book Pro 8.2 which is the closest match to the intel laptop we have. I did have a problem with getting the built-in ethernet to work with Snow Leopard. The App store would not allow me to purchase Mountain Lion using a wireless USB device to connect to my home network. After a lot of searching I did find a kext file for it and got it to work. I then purchased ML and did the installation according to the HP Pro book installation instructions again and it now boots from the HDD. It's Great!!!

was the HP pro book installation an app you used? or a guide? could you post a link to it here? Im glad you got it to work. Ill definitely try to install again, maybe I'll have better luck this time...

Hey I have a y570 of my own, and I am really new to hackintoshing, can you guys lend me a hand on how to get 10.8 mountain lion on my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back