Contribute
Register

DSDT for Lenovo y570 (Help Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I am trying, it didnt work. I am going to reinstall the os again. after I reinstall, I will run the DSDT you gave me yesterday, and let you know what happens.

I am still having to boot from the flash drive with unibeast on it. I havent been able to flash chameleon or chimera to boot from the hdd.

just for clarification, I dont need to do anything with that DSDT file you gave me yesterday, like editing, or adding anything do I?

I was unzipping it on the desktop then running Multibeast. I think the first time I ran it, I didn't select any other options.

As far as options go, what should I select?

Alright, I ran the only the DSDT. Then tried to boot from both the hard drive and the usb drive. I got the kernel panic when booting from the usb. I got the black screen when trying to boot from the Hard Drive.

Attachments

• 20121221_043238.jpg
    20121221_043238.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 136
  • 20121221_043323.jpg
    20121221_043323.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 174
The first one is Boot0 error. If you are installation OSX on a hard drive bigger then 1TB you will see that error.

I think the internal drive on your laptop is not bigger then 1TB but if you come across that error again here is the solution > http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

The second error is the power management error.

Download the kextbeast > http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=32 and the 2 kext i have attached and keep it on the Unibeast USB drive.

Do a fresh installation keep the DSDT file on the desktop and run Multibeast for ML with below options checked.

User DSDT or DSDT-Free installation
Audiio > Univerasal > Latest voodooHDA 2021 (Make sure you delete AppleHDA from S/L/E)
Disk > TRIM 10.8.1 (Only if you have a SSD else do not check this option)
Miscellaneous > PS/2 Keyboard/Mice Track pad.
Miscellaneous > NullCPUPowermanagement (We will remove this kext later)
Customization > Boot options > 1080p Boot screen

After Multibeast copy both the kexts to the desktop and run kextbeast.

This will installs both the kexts. Reboot you will be able to boot into OSX.

Intel Wifi will not work. Get an cheap Wifi card which works OOB on OSX and replace it.

-

Attachments

• 3089-BCM57781.zip
    620.2 KB · Views: 133
  • AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    78.3 KB · Views: 113
Ran everything just as described... I'm running into this problem.

It did fix Audio!! and the touch pad.

It's so close to being finished, I know I've said it a few times but thanks again, I wouldn't have been able to do this without your help

Attachments

• 20121221_231935.jpg
    20121221_231935.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
When running -f and -v at boot I run into this

Attachments

• 20121221_232954.jpg
    20121221_232954.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
Try booting with -v PCIRootUID=0

Also try -v PCIRootUID=1

So its been a few weeks. I have been messing with the pc.

Ive tried many different things, and I think I almost have it..

I think I am having an issue with the null power cpu kext, and the intelpowercpu kext. I am running into this screenshot, any suggestions?

Any help would be great!!

Attachments

• 20130104_021727.jpg
    20130104_021727.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 168
I have the same laptop and I am also struggling. Did you get it working in the end?

I got it to where it would boot. I got pretty much everything going except getting it to boot without a flash drive and WiFi. I kept getting kernel panics and I had to stop working with it because of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back