Contribute
Register

DSDT for ASRock Z77 Professional-M

Status
Not open for further replies.
still diggin on it, mieze's mail that you posted right above is exactly what I was trying to understand. I'll post any change I'll notice. Meanwhile, waiting news from you. TIA

Will this work on ASrock OC Formula? Or any thoughts on this motherboard? Thanks.

Will this work on ASrock OC Formula? Or any thoughts on this motherboard? Thanks.

If your referring to the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, and the Intel USB3.0 rework, I don't see why not. You wont be able to just use our already made DSDT's though, you will have to make your own for that motherboard. Give it a shot and post your results.

Good luck!

If your referring to the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, and the Intel USB3.0 rework, I don't see why not. You wont be able to just use our already made DSDT's though, you will have to make your own for that motherboard. Give it a shot and post your results.

Good luck!

I really don't understand when a DSDT is needed? Is it hard to make a patched DSDT? and also, are all z77 motherboards can be installed with ML? What is the difference in getting a Gigabyte motherboard (UD5H) vs an Asrock (Z77 OC Formula)?

Hi,

A little out of topic, I'm having issues with my board Asrock Z77 OC Formula.. I'm using clover 1211, i can't get pass the grey background with spinning coloured wheel.. i would like to know your bios settings, and what you kexts you put on your installer.. i have no problems on my DSDT and config.plist because i can make it boot with my Unibeast installation.. i just can't get pass the spinning coloured wheel thus i can't install mountain lion using clover.. can you help me out? thanks..

Regards,
Mark

Hi,

A little out of topic, I'm having issues with my board Asrock Z77 OC Formula.. I'm using clover 1211, i can't get pass the grey background with spinning coloured wheel.. i would like to know your bios settings, and what you kexts you put on your installer.. i have no problems on my DSDT and config.plist because i can make it boot with my Unibeast installation.. i just can't get pass the spinning coloured wheel thus i can't install mountain lion using clover.. can you help me out? thanks..

Regards,
Mark

how are you making the Clover install usb disk?

I only use fakeSmc.kext, and make sure to set your hd4000 igpu as primary with 32mb VRAM.
myou should also try booting in verbose mode so you can see what's going on at boot.

first is i clone installesd.dmg, then install clover on it and then put fakesmc in 10.8 kext, my dsdt, and config.plist (GraphicsInjector=No GraphicsEnabler=No so i can boot with my 680).. my installer only hangs after the verbose which is the grey screen with spinning color wheel the one before they'll ask you about the language.. i can boot my clover installer with my unibeast mountain lion so it means that my configurations are correct.. my only problem is it won't proceed with selecting a language.. thank you..

Thanks for the DSDT. With patched bios + the 1.80 DSDT, I have my hackintosh up & running OSX 10.8.3. The 1.90 bios (patched) + 1.90 DSDT won't boot - I just rolled back to what did work rather than investigate exactly why.

I did have problems with HD4000 graphics. I didn't intend to use it, but wanted to get base system working before trying the GTX670. I don't know the fix for glitchy HD4000, because I switched to the GTX670, which had its own issues.

Boot with GTX670 initially lead to errors like http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/92917-nvidia-gtx-680-not-working-after-update-10-8-3-a.html "Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physbase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt"
The common suggestion was to disable the HD4000 when using the PCIe GPU, but ASRock's bios had no clear option for that.

Setting default to HD4000, the system would boot displaying bios + boot loader over HD4000, then OSX switched to GTX670 for the login screen. This works, but isn't really ideal - I want to see BIOS + Bootloader. Eventually I determined that in addition to setting PCIe video as primary, I needed to set the various HD4000 supplementary options to "Disabled" instead of Auto/Enabled. That seems to fully disable the internal GPU, and the OS boots fine, with bios displaying over the GTX670.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back