Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been owning Macs since the PowerBook 140.
Performa, 8100/80AV, 7200/90, Radius 100, B&W G3/350, MDD 2x1,4Ghz, G5 2x2Ghz
to name just a few I was able to enjoy over the years.

And now my custombuild HackIntosh :headbang:

Mac Mini 1.6 Core Duo from 2006....though now sporting a 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo and 2GB RAM...the best computer I've ever bought...runs SL like a dream and boots up in 23 seconds.

The Hackintosh I built was for a friend that was impressed at how well Reason and Logic runs on a modest Mac using onboard sound (low latency), without having to faff around with the expensive sound card and ASIO drivers that Windows needs.

yes for me...
i have a june 2007 macbook... white version. still runs like the wind. ive upgrade the ram to 2g.

funny thing is, i run windows 7 on my macbook via parallels.. and i run mac OS x on my custom built PC via iBoot + multibeast!!!!!
http://plixi.com/p/54799189

Not trying to brag by any means, but it's gotten to the point now where I can call Apple and ask them for the new iLife for free, and they give it to me just by seeing my purchase history.

I feel like I own half the company.

I have 4 personal Macs, 3 work Macs, and 6 Mac Mini servers. Not to mention the large amount of Macs I sell to clients.

NullFear said:
Not trying to brag by any means, but it's gotten to the point now where I can call Apple and ask them for the new iLife for free, and they give it to me just by seeing my purchase history.

I feel like I own half the company.

I have 4 personal Macs, 3 work Macs, and 6 Mac Mini servers. Not to mention the large amount of Macs I sell to clients.

so for that iLife software... you can just compress it and email to ......... lol.

i would def say you've bought your share, and then some.

I own :

1 mbp 13 (for live/djing)
1 old macpro quad 2,66 (old production rig)
and the new "read my specs" Hack which works 3/4 hours a day (minimum) without a single glitch (new production rig)

Consequence: I'm going to sell my macpro (even if it's the best achieved computer I ever bought)

well I now own a real mac, little 11" MBA, bought solely on past 10 months of using the i7 Hackintosh :D

snorkelman said:
well I now own a real mac, little 11" MBA, bought solely on past 10 months of using the i7 Hackintosh :D

Just checked that thing out today- amazing little computer. Seems the solid state storage makes up for the 1.4ghz Core2Duo- it really seems snappy!

Aye if the stuff you're doing isn't processor intensive the SSD on it is a great leveller, though no real substitute for horses under the hood when it comes to intensive tasks.

My only pet peeve is Apple dropping XP support in bootcamp for these; with the small capacity drives on these things retaining XP as a bootcamp option would have been a lot more practical than the 'any Windows you like as long as its 7' approach they've taken.

I own too many. Time to recycle some. I have
  • SE/30 w/2MB hard drive and Ethernet (a keeper)
    Quadra 950 w/904 CPU (was my 1st server)
    IIsi (just found it a good home)
    7600, 8600 and 9600 with G3 CPUs, PATA cards and dual boots OS 9 and Tiger
    Beige G3 with 750MHz G3 CPU and dual boots OS 9 and Tiger

Sawtooth w/1.4GHz G4, 1.5GB RAM, SATA card and dual boots OS 9 and Leopard
    PowerMac G5 (late 2005) Leopard 10.5.8
    2008 Mac Pro
    2010 Mac Pro
    Mini (Early 2009, 2.0GHz Core 2), 4GB RAM with VM Fusion and XP
    Mini (Late 2009, 2.26GHz Core 2) HTPC, 4GB RAM with 500GB & 2-1.5TB
    17" PB 1.4GHz G4
    17" MBP w/2.6GHz (late 2008), 6GB RAM, 500GB HHD with VM Fusion and XP/Win 7/Ubunto 9.x
    17" MPB Unibody w/2,8GHZ

and now Hackintoshs (see below) which have replace all of the above except the SE/30, Minis and MBPs. (Sawtooth and G5 will become case mods one of these days.)

I also own more Apple productions, mainly because of the product's VG human factors interface and perfomance:
  • iPod 2nd Gen with 10GB HDD, scroll wheel and Firewire interface
    iPod Touch, 1st Gen
    iPhone 3Gs
    2 Apple TVs, 1st Gen and mod'd with eSATA 1TB HHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back