Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 (L321X) Problem after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying all day and I can't get my l321x to boot from the SSD. the Bios doesn't have a secure boot or legacy option. I have done all the suggested fixes on this thread. I've tried Chimera and Clover and it still doesn't work. the BIOS says "operation system not found". I can boot from the USB boot loader.

Finally got it to boot but now I don't have any keyboard support. Any ideas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 208
Finally got it to boot but now I don't have any keyboard support. Any ideas

Did you install ps2 drivers? There is no native support for ps2 devices in OS X.

I assumed that I installed them via multibeast? If that's not the case where should I look for them and also how will I know what's compatible for my system.

What's weird is that the backlit keyboard is working.

I assumed that I installed them via multibeast? If that's not the case where should I look for them and also how will I know what's compatible for my system.

Check in terminal:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y ps2

What's weird is that the backlit keyboard is working.

Not really weird. Backlight is usually controlled completely in hardware/keyboard controller.

I ran the code and got nothing back... Should I just install the windows drivers for my keyboard? If so how would I do that? Any guides?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 163
I ran the code and got nothing back... Should I just install the windows drivers for my keyboard? If so how would I do that? Any guides?

You should install Windows drivers for keyboard if you're installing Windows. But I thought you were trying to install OS X. Windows drivers have nothing to do with OS X.

The output of that command shows no ps2 drivers loaded. What trackpad is in your laptop?

Not sure what trackpad I have in my xps 13 l321x. How can I find that out? Dpi manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back