Contribute
Register

Dell Precision M4800 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

As ghmsweb, I'm trying to hackinntosh the same laptop. I m no an expert in this field and i would definitely need some help. I'm stuck after I get on the screen where i choos which OS i run...... :banghead:

Hi duraaraa,

Did you manage to post a tutorial for the M4800
I know this is a relatively old thread, but I recently got the M4800 and would love to get hackintosh working on the system, unfortunately I'm almost a complete noob. ( I barely managed to get ML working on my old HP Elitebook 8740w)

I was wondering if there was a noob friendly guide/document you posted as suggested in one of your posts? or if you could share your modified configuration files.

any news ???, why people here not helping one each other?!

i still trying to get my laptop display working with the m4800 4910mq and nvidia quadro k2100m

i think it's EDID Problem beucase the nvidia recognised properly and i can use with full acceleration with my External Display with the Right side DisplayPort

please help

UPDATE: USB 3 works now after A14 DELL'S BIOS Update - go and update yours

Hi all,

I have an almost identical Precision, but I can't even get to the installer (Still waiting for root device msg)
I'm using latest Clover with Yosemite from the download section (UEFI version).

What are the critical settings in BIOS to get to the installer? Should I provide any boot flags?
This sounds terrible newbie I know. I've done hackintoshes in the past but this is my first Clover encounter

My machine has the latest A15 BIOS revision

Thank you for helping out

Hi all,

I have an almost identical Precision, but I can't even get to the installer (Still waiting for root device msg)
I'm using latest Clover with Yosemite from the download section (UEFI version).

What are the critical settings in BIOS to get to the installer? Should I provide any boot flags?
This sounds terrible newbie I know. I've done hackintoshes in the past but this is my first Clover encounter

My machine has the latest A15 BIOS revision

Thank you for helping out

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back