Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 1525

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i've heard people are working on workarounds on old Mac's etc. So fingers crossed there will be something for the x3100!
It's just so frustrating trying to get passed pci config begins. I think i've tried every bootflag!

Our laptop isn't a X3100 its GMA950 which has no method to get QE/CI working. I'm still getting suck after DSMOS has arrived and then it displays the ethernet address then freezes. It think thats because it isn't using the onboard graphics. I've tried with different boot flags -x -f and GraphicsEnabler=No and I can't get anything to work. I'm not sure why GraphicsEnabler=No isn't letting me boot up. If anyone has any more experience than me and could help give be any hints on why I'm not getting it to work, I'll keep trying to get Mountain Lion up and running

i have
dell 1525 x3100 gma965.

For sopme reason i cant get onto the site youve posted it says forbidden!
I knew there would be a workaround this somehow!

God, i'm thick i'm on that site now...very interesting.
Will try that this week at some point just managed to get 10.7.3 working the only thing I'm lacking is audio.

Ok I have Mountain Lion up and running on a second partition. It is in no way usable as an every day os. I haven't checked what all doesn't work but right now I know that I have no wifi or graphics. Yes the screen works but its just the same basic graphics as the installer so launchpad takes about 30 seconds to load and notification center is very slow also. I'm about to try to get wifi working first and then on to graphics. Will post future updates to let y'all know how it's going.

@gsustek I'm sorry I misspoke earlier. You are correct at least for me, the graphics is X3100 powered by a GMA950 chipset. This, hopefully, is really good because there is a little hope that we can get QE/CI running.

*Update*

I have wifi working. Still having problems with sounds, display, and sleep/shutdown/restart.
Anyone else have it up and running? Should I post a quick guide to get what I have running for y'all?

Hey zb370,

The guide would be appreciated! I'm reading for a while now about how to get the x3100 working, and I think there's hope :) So if you can post the install components (Which installer, which additional kexst, scripts, etc), then I'll start to play with the graphics, hoping I can get a result. The sound should be fine with VoodooHDA, or IntelHDA, the sleep is a no hope, I think (at least in Lion is still not working), and there were fixes for the shutdown/restart. So if the wifi is working, I think the rest is simple, except the graphics. I'm waiting your guide, and keep you posted, if I'm getting somewhere with this...

Yes please. I'd love to get a guide to get me up and running on ML. I'd really like to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back