Contribute
Register

DC3217BY Mavericks Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, why would you need to?

Don't you have volume adjustment on your TV/monitor device/remote?

Yes I do but the volume button of my monitor is very cheap and for my comfort of use I would prefer to adjust the volume directly from my keyboard. :)

EDIT: Now I have several problems... My system goes extremely laggy sometimes like I can't control the mouse cursor. It freezes randomly. This is really annoying. And to finish I get a blackscreen when I wake my nuc from sleeping. What are the problems, any idea? Thanks!

I just updated my bios on my DC3217BY to version 48 successfully.

Does anyone have a DSDT for ver 48 or can point me in a direction as to how exactly to make one from scratch?

Thanks

There is no specific DSDT for BIOS v48. The one used here actually is for DC3217IYE. I haven't cracked how to make one. If you do, please, post it here!

The DSDT on this build is used just to get sound. There is no other hardware which it makes 'better compatibility' DSDT edits provide.

With regards to sleep I don't use much of it. I use NUC to track changes on classified ads website and to reinsert my add when it's not on top of the list. So it is always on. I tried sleep now. I pressed power button then selected Sleep button from shutdown dialog. While I did it the system shutdown my MixroXP virtual machine. Few minutes later I pressed spacebar on my bluetooth keyboard and it did wake up without fuss.
I never experienced any freezes or black screens. I have been using NUC since 10.8.0 and January 2013.

There is no specific DSDT for BIOS v48. The one used here actually is for DC3217IYE. I haven't cracked how to make one. If you do, please, post it here!

The DSDT on this build is used just to get sound. There is no other hardware which it makes 'better compatibility' DSDT edits provide.

With regards to sleep I don't use much of it. I use NUC to track changes on classified ads website and to reinsert my add when it's not on top of the list. So it is always on. I tried sleep now. I pressed power button then selected Sleep button from shutdown dialog. While I did it the system shutdown my MixroXP virtual machine. Few minutes later I pressed spacebar on my bluetooth keyboard and it did wake up without fuss.
I never experienced any freezes or black screens. I have been using NUC since 10.8.0 and January 2013.

Thanks for replying.
Can you just tell me your bios version and if you're using wifi or the thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.
The strange fact about my freezes is that I'm the only one who is experiencing that. I mean I didn't see a single person with a NUC complaining about freezes. I don't know if the cause is my hardware (RAM), or the network or Mavericks itself. I'm going mad :banghead:

Hi guys,

Just thought I would contribute my home made DSDT for Bios version 48.
Works fine for me, although this was my first time creating a DSDT from scratch.
So please let me know if you have any issues.View attachment dsdt.aml

Can you just tell me your bios version and if you're using wifi or the thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.
The strange fact about my freezes is that I'm the only one who is experiencing that. I mean I didn't see a single person with a NUC complaining about freezes. I don't know if the cause is my hardware (RAM), or the network or Mavericks itself. I'm going mad :banghead:

1) About BIOS. I just upgraded to BIOS 0046 after Intel sent me a replacement mobo with BIOS 0025 which had terrible cooling problems. I've ordered replacement mobo because the one I got is the very first one manufactured in December 2012 with no USB pins inside. The dumb asses in Intel sent me back another one exactly like mine without pins. :)

2) About WIFI. I'm using WIFI/BT combo card. BT works out of the box. WIFI requires AirPortAtheros40.kext.

3) About Thunderbolt. I've tried connect a video projector via Thunderbolt/HDMI cable and USB/coaxial audio out for 5.1 sound on my receiver. Works like a charm. Coaxial adapter from AliExpress for $12 shows up instantly when plugged in as alternative audio output. The same applies to Thundebolt connected PRM35
HDMI projector. It shows up with correct resolution 1200x800.

4) About the strange fact. Please check if your hardware specific kext versions are current. Does it say 10.9 compatible where you get them. Try and locate the required kexts on your install disk if they didn't install automatically. By the way I got working WIFI during installation by putting AirPortAtheros40.kext into Extra folder of UniBeast flash USB. I just never used internet during install.

Have you run Multibeast with provided options? Honestly I don't know what exactly makes my Sleep work. I just know I did what I described in my guide and it worked.

It is not that I got everything working straight away. It took me about 150 hours to make my first successful install (10.8) and it took me another month to realize I need 8gb of ram instead of 4gb to get video working properly.

Hi guys,

Just thought I would contribute my home made DSDT for Bios version 48.
Works fine for me, although this was my first time creating a DSDT from scratch.
So please let me know if you have any issues.View attachment 81167

Hi, how did you make it? Could you write a guide how to make one? What edits did you make? How did you find what edits to make? Did you fix anything else apart from sound e.g. like reported BT problems with Apple Magic mouse?

I finally fixed the freeze issue on my NUC. :headbang:
The problem was RAM voltage, I bought low-voltage RAM for Haswell processor which were pretty instable on a ivy-bridge processor. I changed the voltage from 1.35 to 1.5 and no more freeze.

Anyway thank you davids74 for trying to help me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back