Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide! I have practically this exact system with only a few minor differences.

Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R-F5 (rev 1.0)
[Not rev 2.0, and F5 not FF]
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930
[Identical]
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5570 1Gb DDR3
[Sapphire Radeon HD 5570 1GB]

Should I just follow this guide anyway or can people see something that will likely not work if I do that? I'm not sure which bits I would need to change for my system.

I have almost the same setup if im going to do this using a new ssd drive and leaving my windows 7 drive alone on which sata port should i connect the ssd drive too??

I get the same wacky error quite often on boot. Lately the only way to avoid that error is to boot osx in verbose mode. Anyone have any insight on this Mac os not yet set business. Why is it so random???

I have a x58a-ud3r rev. 2.0 ff bios
24gb of g. Skill ripjaw ram
2x 240gb ssd
9800gt ee video card

Latest multi beast used as of today to install osx.
Userdsdt selected with ff bios from tonymac database
Applehda rollback+alc8xx kext used
3rd part sata controller kext used for gsata
USB 3.0 kext used
Fakesmc kext used with motherboard and nvidia plugins
Chimera is boot loader
Selected 64bit apple boot screen option
macpro 3,1 selected

I also notice when booting in verbose, that there are errors associated with apple power management not loading states properly.
Where can I get the full text output of the verbose boot to attach to this post?

This is really a pain, what's worse is I can't find the means to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem.

Can someone please share or point me to a link with a methodology I can use to fix this. Is my hardware faulty?

Thx in advance.

totoroby said:
yatis said:
Thx a lot for all this advices !!!! I follow this for my build and all works very well but for the graphik card i've already a hd5670 and she's work fine with.

I've just sometimes a kernel panic in boot but when i reboot all is fine .

Sorry for my bad english :?

Yatis (from France)

Hi already ,I'm live the same country to Yatis and sorry for my bad english too :)

I Have a same problems to kernel panic look the pictures
photo1pub.jpg

photoema.jpg

Can I help me please ? I'm noobies in Hackintosh

I Wait the answers thanks so much

colavoce07 said:
Bump. Anybody?
slap.em.gif

You would be better off posting your problem in the 10.6 Support forum section than buried here in this thread. You'll get more eyes on it.

colavoce07 said:
I get the same wacky error quite often on boot. Lately the only way to avoid that error is to boot osx in verbose mode. Anyone have any insight on this Mac os not yet set business. Why is it so random???

I have a x58a-ud3r rev. 2.0 ff bios
24gb of g. Skill ripjaw ram
2x 240gb ssd
9800gt ee video card

Latest multi beast used as of today to install osx.
Userdsdt selected with ff bios from tonymac database
Applehda rollback+alc8xx kext used
3rd part sata controller kext used for gsata
USB 3.0 kext used
Fakesmc kext used with motherboard and nvidia plugins
Chimera is boot loader
Selected 64bit apple boot screen option
macpro 3,1 selected

I also notice when booting in verbose, that there are errors associated with apple power management not loading states properly.
Where can I get the full text output of the verbose boot to attach to this post?

This is really a pain, what's worse is I can't find the means to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem.

Can someone please share or point me to a link with a methodology I can use to fix this. Is my hardware faulty?

Thx in advance.

totoroby said:
yatis said:
Thx a lot for all this advices !!!! I follow this for my build and all works very well but for the graphik card i've already a hd5670 and she's work fine with.

I've just sometimes a kernel panic in boot but when i reboot all is fine .

Sorry for my bad english :?

Yatis (from France)

Hi already ,I'm live the same country to Yatis and sorry for my bad english too :)

I Have a same problems to kernel panic look the pictures
photo1pub.jpg

photoema.jpg

Can I help me please ? I'm noobies in Hackintosh

I Wait the answers thanks so much

At the boot Chimera Boot Screen, type

PCIRootUID=0

What would that accomplish? Not being smart, just would like an explanation so I learn something. Why does it work fine in verbose mode?

Please HELP! i have same configuration like this from the topic. 1 year till now i have 10.6.3 instaled.. and no problem at all.. after updating 10.6.8 i have a lot of problems.. kernel panic is showing.. sometimes works ok.. without kernel panic.. and if i go to sleep mode, when i try to wake my computer.. just machine is waking, monitor is not,, black screen.. . Please help!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    960.1 KB · Views: 231
Hello would anybody have a list of kexts required in the extensions directory. I accidentally installed all of the multibeast kexts. Thus I have been having a few issues.
Thanks,

Hello, NotShy, and folks!

I'm considering upgrading my system from SL 10.6.7 to Lion.

I did a research at the forum, and can't find a clear guide onde this upgrade, with the hardware specs that i have!

Is there a guide of installing/upgrading considering the system specs on this tread?

The system specs that i'm pointing is:

GA-X58A-UD3R - FF bios
AMD HD 5770

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back