Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fix for it in Clover and Chameleon. This issue was happening all through the Developer build versions and the GM build versions as well. It did strike me that it may be related to the display connection type that OS X was reading.

There is a number of people having issues with connections not working with NVIDIA GPUs in Yosemite as well. I think that is probably a bit different to what is happening here, but there may be some common ground.

It could be a framebuffer issue, HD4600 has usually displayed snow/noise when connected to a port that isn't primary for the native framebuffer. i.e 3 ports 2 HDMI 1 DVI, usually one of those ports work without interfering. Connected to another other than the primary may be the result of the graphics glitch. Could be wrong though. My theory and not tested.

There does seem to be people having problems with HD4600 graphics on Yosemite. Hopefully an update to Chimera will be available shortly that will solve the issues.

I've heard that this flicker situation should be on the -X flag that boots the OSX in secure mode. This would not load the right vídeo kext and noise should appear.
since i can not boot without -x flag, i can not confirm that.
Other question is If the boot is taking too long and seems like a hang since there is no kernel panic.

all Best,

Sergio

I've heard that this flicker situation should be on the -X flag that boots the OSX in secure mode. This would not load the right vídeo kext and noise should appear.
since i can not boot without -x flag, i can not confirm that.
Other question is If the boot is taking too long and seems like a hang since there is no kernel panic.

all Best,

Sergio

If you boot with -v -x then it should be more apparent where the hang is taking place. If you can take a good clear photograph of the text on the whole screen and post it using the manage attachments feature then we may be able to offer some options to try.

If you boot with -v -x then it should be more apparent where the hang is taking place. If you can take a good clear photograph of the text on the whole screen and post it using the manage attachments feature then we may be able to offer some options to try.

Here you go. It gets stuck here.

Foto 30-10-14 17 28 12.jpg

Any ideas?

All best.

Sergio

At the Chimera screen try the following bootflag
Code:
 npci=0x2000

I´ve took a look at those boot flags and tested 4 scenarios with same results

PCIRootUID=0 with npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000
PCIRootUID=1 with npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000

Still hangs at same point...:(

Any new ideas?

Sergio

I´ve took a look at those boot flags and tested 4 scenarios with same results

PCIRootUID=0 with npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000
PCIRootUID=1 with npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000

Still hangs at same point...:(

Any new ideas?

Sergio

Have you already installed Yosemite and MultiBeast?

I would boot into the UEFI/BIOS and set optimised defaults, internal graphics with 64mb memory. Set up the boot order of your drives again. Then try a fresh attempt using some of the boot flags that you have already used.

Have you already installed Yosemite and MultiBeast?

I would boot into the UEFI/BIOS and set optimised defaults, internal graphics with 64mb memory. Set up the boot order of your drives again. Then try a fresh attempt using some of the boot flags that you have already used.

Well. Did it all but no good results..
But I´ve found that UseKernelCache=No (Boot Ignore Caches) resolve all problems..
Now I´m trying to move forward and use HDMI sound to work.. Any hints? (I´ve checked the option of HDMI on MultiBeast).
The sound output shows a Digital optical output port but no sound at all in my Sony TV.

All best and thank you so much for your support.:clap:

Sergio

Well. Did it all but no good results..
But I´ve found that UseKernelCache=No (Boot Ignore Caches) resolve all problems..
Now I´m trying to move forward and use HDMI sound to work.. Any hints? (I´ve checked the option of HDMI on MultiBeast).
The sound output shows a Digital optical output port but no sound at all in my Sony TV.

All best and thank you so much for your support.:clap:

Sergio

I am glad that you have made some progress. One point that is important. The HDMI option in MuliBeast is not for your hardware it is for older HD3000 & HD4000.

Here is the description as is given in MultiBeast and the Multibeast features: http://www.multibeast.com

Optional HD 3000/HD 4000 HDMI Audio
Enables HDMI audio on HD 3000/4000 with limited analog outputoptions. Adds HDEFLayoutID=03000000 to/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

This is not going to work with your HD4600 graphics. HDMI audio is a Post Installation process:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

Good luck ladies and gentlemen! I threw in the towel this past weekend. Took my box down, parted it out and am in the process of selling it off. I'm now a proud owner of a 2012 Mac mini i7 with 16gigs of ram and a nice SSD. I connected by 4 drives through a OWC thunderbay with softRAID. I really enjoyed the tinkering, but couldn't deal with the crashing! Many thanks to everyone and especially Toleda for the audio help! I'll be keeping my fingers on the hackintosh pulse as I remember putting OSX on my think pad with pearPC just prior to buying my first MacBook intel the day they were announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back