Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, having some trouble installing Yosemite over here. This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh build.

20150206_181959.jpg

The OP made it sound like I wouldn't need any boot flags on installation, since I'm running the same motherboard with the same settings(double, and triple checked) I imagined it would be as he described. I tried with only one stick of ram, with a 660 graphics card, and a slew of boot flags. All with the same results.

i5 4670K
ga-h87n-wifi
128GB SSD
8GB Ram

quick question ive been using this setup with yosemite 10.10.2, its been faitly stable, but i just changed monitors, using the intel hd 4600 graphics, my old monitor never did this but now after i wake from sleep i get the grey fuzzy screen. i saw some posts about putting in some igp values, that didnt work me, tried changing between mini 6,2 and imac 14,2 that didnt work

if anyone can help it would be great !

quick question ive been using this setup with yosemite 10.10.2, its been faitly stable, but i just changed monitors, using the intel hd 4600 graphics, my old monitor never did this but now after i wake from sleep i get the grey fuzzy screen. i saw some posts about putting in some igp values, that didnt work me, tried changing between mini 6,2 and imac 14,2 that didnt work

if anyone can help it would be great !

changing igp values worked for me in mavericks, did the same for yosemite and no luck at all, the annoying grey screen after apple logo is still there. i am about to give up, if i actually didn't already without even knowing :banghead:

It could be a framebuffer issue, HD4600 has usually displayed snow/noise when connected to a port that isn't primary for the native framebuffer. i.e 3 ports 2 HDMI 1 DVI, usually one of those ports work without interfering. Connected to another other than the primary may be the result of the graphics glitch. Could be wrong though. My theory and not tested.

i have changed both HDMI ports and the same snow/noise :banghead:
i have been trying and looking everywhere, nothing :crazy:.
did try a few ig platform id, snow/noise goes away, but the video card only shows 4mb and the system become very slow losing QE/CI:cry:

changing igp values worked for me in mavericks, did the same for yosemite and no luck at all, the annoying grey screen after apple logo is still there. i am about to give up, if i actually didn't already without even knowing :banghead:
i have changed both HDMI ports and the same snow/noise :banghead:
i have been trying and looking everywhere, nothing :crazy:.
did try a few ig platform id, snow/noise goes away, but the video card only shows 4mb and the system become very slow losing QE/CI:cry:

Changing the IGPlatformID to 04160000 used to work for the CustoMac Mini with Mavericks which stopped the snow on start up. I'm guessing from your posts that it no longer works.

But there is an alternative, remove any IGPlatformID's from your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist this will use Chimera's default of 0300220d and take a look at the link below to patch the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. This will need to be patched after updates and works great. Credit for the patches toleda.
HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits

Looking at your port layout for this motherboard I would suggest patch d-azul. FYI the patch will back up the native AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext to the desktop so if it doesn't work you can install the native Azul.kext using KextBeast or your preferred utility back to /System/Library/Extensions. To use the patch, download Raw, unzip it double click on it and enter your system password in Terminal. Repair permissions and restart.

I got my build working with Yosemite but for stability i have to boot with -f flag, other than that steady as a rock :).

Have anyone tried to install el capitan on this build yet? :)

Have anyone tried to install el capitan on this build yet? :)

I've installed on similar build (only it's a i5 4570S), UEFI mode, Unibeast and it worked on first time. Now i'm trying to dual boot with clover and UEFI on single disk but i'm having some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back