Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

So what do you mean Clover doesn't behave itself?

It is not valid to attempt to inject a patched kext...

Most any patch you might make to components inside IOUSBHostFamily.kext can be made outside of it.

Note: All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume. Kext injection should be used only when you need it (installer, recovery).

FakePCIID_XHCIMux is only one solution that fixes one very specific problem. The end-to-end solution employed for a given system may involve more than just FakePCIID_XHCIMux.

All solutions and common recommendations are covered in my guide.

Ahh... i realise that now, i like having a vanilla install and was injecting all kexts needed via clover, without touching the base install.

Ahh... i realise that now, i like having a vanilla install and was injecting all kexts needed via clover, without touching the base install.

People seem to believe injecting is "more vanilla" when actually it is "less vanilla"...

Apple computers do not use Clover kext injection. And if you install 3rd party hardware in your Apple MacPro, the kexts required would go to /S/L/E or /L/E and be included in the kernel cache...

FakeSMC and ALXEthernet kext are in L/E & EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 and other. kexts in EFI partition are only for Recovery partition. I wouldn't want to inject kexts from the boot loader.

FakeSMC and ALXEthernet kext are in L/E & EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 and other. kexts in EFI partition are only for Recovery partition. I wouldn't want to inject kexts from the boot loader.

It is the correct configuration.

Essential kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts.
All kexts needed installed to the system volume.

(there is some duplication).

config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect

Thats the only kexts I'm using :) Don't need any other kexts except FakeSMC and ALXEthernet. And inject kexts is set to detect anyway.

Thats the only kexts I'm using :) Don't need any other kexts except FakeSMC and ALXEthernet. And inject kexts is set to detect anyway.

Most people want onboard audio to work... (and bluetooth, and perhaps WiFi...)

Audio injection kext is in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 as I'm using Clover Audio injection. My WIFI/Bluetooth is native as I'm using a official apple WIFI/Bluetooth card from a iMac 13,2 :thumbup:

Audio injection kext is in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 as I'm using Clover Audio injection. My WIFI/Bluetooth is native as I'm using a official apple WIFI/Bluetooth card from a iMac 13,2 :thumbup:

With InjectKexts=Detect and FakeSMC.kext installed to the system volume, no kexts are injected from Clover/kexts.

So how is my Audio working? it works after updates OOB also.

Back