Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

The patches you have for EHCx->EH0x rename are not correct. Use a plist editor to copy/paste from config_patches.plist (in the USBInjectAll repo).

[FONT=gotham, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You meant to copy into my existing confit.plist file and not a separate config_patches, right?

[/FONT]I've updated config.plist with the correct patches but still no success.

I've reattached IOReg and a zip of CLOVER folder.

View attachment iMac-13,1.osx10.11.04-18-04.ioregView attachment CLOVER.zip

[FONT=gotham, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You meant to copy into my existing confit.plist file and not a separate config_patches, right?[/FONT]

I wrote "from".

I've updated config.plist with the correct patches but still no success.

I've reattached IOReg and a zip of CLOVER folder.

View attachment 185621View attachment 185622

The patches you have are still wrong. It is clear you're not using a plist editor.

Am all fixed. Patched IOUSBHostFamily.kext, all usb 3 and usb 2 ports working. No injectors or 3rd party kexts needed! Gigabyte H97M-D3H.

Of course, now you'll need to re-patch that kext whenever it is updated by a system update.

It is best to do the work without patching system kexts.

Have a backup of it Rehabman, i,d rather vanilla, for some unknown reason theres time clover doesn't behave its self, this may have been fixed in recent releases but am happy with current version.

Your USB troubles have nothing to do with Clover.

If Clover was set up correctly it would behave itself. Im using it on 3 hacks and a hack book with no problem. Its all trial and error can't expect things to just work like that if thats what you want then you'd be better off buying a mac.

It would if i was injecting Kexts with it bud. FakePCIID and FakeXHCIMUX did not work at all for me, once removed i had much better results.

It is not valid to attempt to inject a patched kext...

Most any patch you might make to components inside IOUSBHostFamily.kext can be made outside of it.

Note: All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume. Kext injection should be used only when you need it (installer, recovery).

FakePCIID_XHCIMux is only one solution that fixes one very specific problem. The end-to-end solution employed for a given system may involve more than just FakePCIID_XHCIMux.

All solutions and common recommendations are covered in my guide.

If Clover was set up correctly it would behave itself. Im using it on 3 hacks and a hack book with no problem. Its all trial and error can't expect things to just work like that if thats what you want then you'd be better off buying a mac.

Clover is setup correctly, wouldn't run if it wasn't. I don't expect anything to "just work" the idea of getting it working is what i like, been out of the hackintosh loop for awhile.. check the P35 DSDT edits in the downloads.

Back