Contribute
Register

Computer shuts down after Apple Grey screen, can't even boot with Unibeast USB either -- Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I did all of this and still nothing shows up past the Grey Apple screen when I try to boot into the Unibeast USB drive. Does this mean my Graphics Card is dead?

Maybe but you can eliminate your SSD as the culprit if you disconnect it and then see if you can get any further.

Maybe but you can eliminate your SSD as the culprit if you disconnect it and then see if you can get any further.

I disconnected the SSD so that I only see the USB with Unibeast on the bootloader screen. However, once loading I still cannot see past the Grey Apple Screen, where my monitors say No DVI Input, so can I assume it's a graphics card issue?

If so, are there any suggestions for workarounds, or should I just flat out replace the graphics card altogether?

Thank you all very much for your help today.

[Solved] Computer shuts down after Apple Grey screen, can't even boot with Unibeast USB either -- Please Help!

So it turns out it was a combination of both a corrupt SSD drive and a graphics card. I went out and bought a cheap replacement graphics card and from there I was able to finally get past the Apple Grey Screen and into Unibeast. I've backed up all the data on the SDD and reformatted it (it was an invalid key length).

Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back