Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do you figure out the scan codes? I use Karabiner (formerly keyremap4macbook) to map some other keys, but some keys don't show up in its event viewer. The Fn+F keys, for example, don't show up and it doesn't seem like PrtSc does either. Does VoodooPS2Controller have a log or some kind of output viewer?

How do you figure out the scan codes?

Did you read the article I linked?

FYI: The scan code for PrtSc is standard. make: E0,2A, E0,37; break: E0,B7, E0,AA. Internally my driver maps it to e037 (which is represented at keymapping stage as 0x0137).

Note code from ApplePS2Keyboard.cpp...
Code:
        case 0x0137:    // prt sc/sys rq
            keyCode = 0;
            if (!goingDown)
                break;
            if (!checkModifierState(kMaskLeftControl))
            {
                // get current enabled status, and toggle it
                bool enabled;
                _device->dispatchMouseMessage(kPS2M_getDisableTouchpad, &enabled);
                enabled = !enabled;
                _device->dispatchMouseMessage(kPS2M_setDisableTouchpad, &enabled);
                break;
            }
            // fall through
        case 0x0127:    // alternate for fnkeys toggle
            keyCode = 0;
            if (!goingDown)
                break;
            if (_fkeymodesupported)
            {
                // modify HIDFKeyMode via IOService... IOHIDSystem
                if (IOService* service = IOService::waitForMatchingService(serviceMatching(kIOHIDSystem), 0))
                {
                    const OSObject* num = OSNumber::withNumber(!_fkeymode, 32);
                    const OSString* key = OSString::withCString(kHIDFKeyMode);
                    if (num && key)
                    {
                        if (OSDictionary* dict = OSDictionary::withObjects(&num, &key, 1))
                        {
                            service->setProperties(dict);
                            dict->release();
                        }
                    }
                    OSSafeRelease(num);
                    OSSafeRelease(key);
                    service->release();
                }
            }
            break;

You can map the e037 ps2 code to something else if you don't want this default behavior (with "Custom PS2 Map" as described in the previously linked article).

You may want to familiarize yourself with the ps2 interface: http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2keyboard/

I use Karabiner (formerly keyremap4macbook) to map some other keys, but some keys don't show up in its event viewer. The Fn+F keys, for example, don't show up and it doesn't seem like PrtSc does either. Does VoodooPS2Controller have a log or some kind of output viewer?

Karabiner happens after the keyboard driver has already generated the keys and after OS X has "eaten" them for system purposes as defined in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts.

Some keys are handled in ACPI and need to be converted to "real" keyboard events.

Did you read the article I linked?

Yes, but on first read, I missed the part about running the debug version instead. I also found your thread in the Probook forum http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/75649-new-voodoops2controller-keyboard-trackpad.html that's been very helpful to read through.

Karabiner happens after the keyboard driver has already generated the keys and after OS X has "eaten" them for system purposes as defined in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortcuts.
Some keys are handled in ACPI and need to be converted to "real" keyboard events.

Huh, so that's why we need to do the remapping of some keys with the driver itself? Interesting. I'll read through that other link you posted as well and see what I come up with now that I have some downtime over the holidays.

Thanks for your patience, RehabMan. Merry Christmas.

Yes, but on first read, I missed the part about running the debug version instead. I also found your thread in the Probook forum http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/75649-new-voodoops2controller-keyboard-trackpad.html that's been very helpful to read through.

OK, good.

Huh, so that's why we need to do the remapping of some keys with the driver itself? Interesting. I'll read through that other link you posted as well and see what I come up with now that I have some downtime over the holidays.

Yeah, keys that generate PS2 codes that are not mapped into ADB codes are never even seen by OS X, much less Karabiner. And keys that generate ACPI events are not seen by the PS2 driver unless it is notified of them.

hello again...
I have running 10.10.1 really well.
I was wondering if it is ok to update to 10.10.3. and if it is, Can i do it normally like a real mac (using app store)
or do i have to do some tuning after?
If not. is there a guide to do it or what should i consider before doing it.

Thanks in advance

hello again...
I have running 10.10.1 really well.
I was wondering if it is ok to update to 10.10.3. and if it is, Can i do it normally like a real mac (using app store)
or do i have to do some tuning after?
If not. is there a guide to do it or what should i consider before doing it.

Thanks in advance

Most updates overwrite AppleHDA, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, and the graphics kexts. So any patches you have to those files, you'll have to redo them.

You should really be using Clover for a more seamless upgrade experience. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-lenovo-u310-u410-yosemite-using-clover.html

im sorry i forgot to mention that im using clover. Does it change anything on you answer?

If you are using Clover to its full extent, you'll likely have nothing to do after updating.

Read the guide I linked and compare to your own procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back