Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great! Any reading on how to do that? Thanks

Which bootloader are you using?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I'm using Chimera bootloader.

Do I need to have the stock AIFBC with this? Things still aren't working perfectly. When I change spaces, the desktop icons are upside down for a moment, from what I remember this is a symptom of graphics not working perfectly? Thank you for all your help.

Attachments

• Alex’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
Do I need to have the stock AIFBC with this? Things still aren't working perfectly. When I change spaces, the desktop icons are upside down for a moment, from what I remember this is a symptom of graphics not working perfectly? Thank you for all your help.

You have working CI, but not QE. Probably due to mismatched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext with respect to AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext.

You cannot mix different versions of those kexts.

Make sure you patch the native AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext (for HDMI-audio), instead of downloading one already patched.

Thanks for all your help, but I'm going to move this over to Yosemite. Do you know if an upgrade works on this system? Thank you

Thanks for all your help, but I'm going to move this over to Yosemite. Do you know if an upgrade works on this system? Thank you

It works with Yosemite. Normal upgrade caveats with legacy bootloaders (Chameleon, Chimera) apply.

I would recommend migrating to Clover so upgrades are not such a hassle.

Just installed clover on the efi partition. Any tips on how to configure it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back