Contribute
Register

com.apple.driver.appleintelCPUPowerManagement issues KP on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming5
CPU
[email protected]
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Portable
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
  8. Quadra
  9. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First off my specs:
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H ver 1.0 with F9 bios. I5-2500k
Intel HD 3000 with 1x Screen (boot IGFX first)
Gigabyte GTX 780 with 3x Screens.

Bootdrive with chimera: Crucial m500 SSD 240GB, also contains OSX.

I bought this setup early 2012 i think and it has been working 100% with no issues, first with 107, then 10.8 and now 10.9.2

Since yesterday it won't boot, I can still boot normal and go to windows which I have on a second SSD.

my KP:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdwxwyhntni1zoi/20140524_112823.jpg

What I have tried:
booting with -x

Booting from my 10.9 installer usb pin and choosing my current installation: same issue.
Booting from usb installer and choose the install: installer starts normal.
The machine has not been changed in awhile, and been 100% stable up until now.
My hope was that I could boot with the usb pin to my old installation and reinstall multi beast, but that doesn't work.

As it stands now I'm thinking of either try delaying the applecpupowermanagement kext in S/L/E or reinstalling.
If more info is needed, please ask for it and i'll try to give it.

It's not my first hack, I earlier had an optiplex 740 with Core 2 Dou, then an Asus p45 build with Core2 Duo too.
I've ran into issues before, but always managed to fix them with some forum browsing.

I'm no expert but I can tell you what worked for me. I booted from my USB, went to terminal, renamed the appleintelcpupowermanagementclient.kext to .bak on my installed volume's S/L/E, copied over the nullcpupowermanagement.kext, everything booted fine, then if you wish to try, which I did, use MultiBeast to install the patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext and rename the client from .bak back to .kext., made sure nullcpupowermanagement.kext was no longer in S/L/E and then rebooted.

I have tried a lot now. I can actually boot my old Mountain Lion disk with no issue (except that my GTX780 is not working properly in ML).

I found out that I should just reinstall the whole thing, as I do have backup of all my work.
After reinstalling I'm back to the same issues.
I have also tried to both upgrade and downgrade bios.

Here is a screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47547860/20140530_234357.jpg

Attachments

• 20140530_234357.jpg
    20140530_234357.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back