Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.1 Now Available With Haswell CPU Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Chimera 2.1 Now Available With Haswell CPU Support

I just got XFX 7850 card as a replacement. Were you able to get this to work correctly ?

Excellent!
Thanks but will wait to install this one Mavericks is out.
Excellent news something to look forward to!

Excellent!
Thanks but will wait to install this one Mavericks is out.
Excellent news something to look forward to!

Thats the only way my friend, Patience is a blessing in disguise.

2.1 broke facetime for me. As soon as a call would connect, Facetime would close. No issues with imessage or app store.
Reverted back to 2.0

Anyone able to boot with an AMD 7xxx series yet?

Tony...you did the great Job for Mac OS X.
But what is the different btw Chimera v1.11.1 r1394 and Chimera v2.0.1 r2109 OR Chimera v2.1.1 r2148?

I am currently running mountain lion 10.8.4, and boot-loaders using Chimera v1.11.1 from MultiBeast.
How about I choose Chimera v2.0.1 OR v2.1.1? Will it affect my PC to boot?
Actually what is the Chimera use for? Sorry...I am still new for Mountain Lion 10.8.4...wish can learn from you all.
Please teach me. And can I use Chimera v2.1.1 for my ML bootloaders, is it better than Chimera V1.11.1?
Which Chimera is the best for my Mountain Lion boot loaders?
Thanks !

2.1 broke facetime for me. As soon as a call would connect, Facetime would close. No issues with imessage or app store.
Reverted back to 2.0
Facetime issue for me as well on 2.1.1. Back on chimera 2.0.1

Hello,

I see everybody very thankful and happy, but I am too stupid to fully understand why...

If I understood correctly, the new version of Chimera allows Unibeast to now boot on Haswell CPU, but ML cannot be installed since it lacks support for Haswell (except for the MBA 2013 version), right?

The issue about 7xxx GPUs sounds similar (no full support yet but significant improvement).

So what is the purpose of this new version of chimera? Being able to install beta versions of 10.9?
I mean, this is cool and everything, I fully respect the hard work and the good job you guys did, but I don't understand why everybody is so enthusiastic as of right now... I mean, are you all installing 10.9 previews?

Sorry if I have it all wrong and I would be very happy to learn more from someone more educated than me (i.e. anyone).

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Respectfully,
-a-

Hello,

I see everybody very thankful and happy, but I am too stupid to fully understand why...

If I understood correctly, the new version of Chimera allows Unibeast to now boot on Haswell CPU, but ML cannot be installed since it lacks support for Haswell (except for the MBA 2013 version), right?

The issue about 7xxx GPUs sounds similar (no full support yet but significant improvement).

So what is the purpose of this new version of chimera? Being able to install beta versions of 10.9?
I mean, this is cool and everything, I fully respect the hard work and the good job you guys did, but I don't understand why everybody is so enthusiastic as of right now... I mean, are you all installing 10.9 previews?

Sorry if I have it all wrong and I would be very happy to learn more from someone more educated than me (i.e. anyone).

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Respectfully,
-a-

First of all you have understood correctly that Chimera has support for Haswell but not in the current release of Mountain Lion. This is for payed developers only and under the NDA cannot be discussed until release.

People are using the 7xxx GPU's and have success. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/103133-guide-ga-z77-ud5h-ga-geforce-770gtx-wf-i7-3770k.html …

The new version of Chimera is for early adopters wishing to test their hardware if they are payed developers, but will not post their results under the NDA. Posts will be deleted and offenders will be banned as per the Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back