Contribute
Register

Can't install with clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

It is installing, I tried to run multibeast but I need to go back on my windows system disk to see exactly what I have on the MB (like the realtek chip), another thing, It proposes a Intel video graphic card but I have a HD 7950 (I'm photographer and use the GPU acceleration of the Graphic card on software like photoshop, capture one and Lightroom, using OpenCL).

Ok, installation done, thanks a lot. But I have performance issues. I created a new threat for this.

Ok, installation done, thanks a lot. But I have performance issues. I created a new threat for this.

Until completing the installation/post installation you can go with same thread.

Oh cool thanks. So my problems are the following :

- Slow computer
- OpenCl not functionning obviously
- No Sound (no sound device set up in the system apparently)
- Can't install Creative Cloud manager to download and activate my Adobe Software
- When it get to sleep, i need to reboot, I can't wake it up

I saw a tutorial to set up the EFI partition to boot with Radeon 7950 support, but problem with acceleration.

Also I have a software (colornavigator) to calibrate my Eizo screen, it is always launched and I see its menu at start up, I need to quit it manually each time.

Can I don something to boot with the flags dart=0 CPUS=1 npci=0x2000 ?

- Slow computer

Because of cpus=1 flag. Solution added below.

- OpenCl not functionning obviously

What you mean by this

- No Sound (no sound device set up in the system apparently)

For enabling Audio : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

- Can't install Creative Cloud manager to download and activate my Adobe Software

What is the problem??

- When it get to sleep, i need to reboot, I can't wake it up

Boot with darkwake=0 then put the OS X into sleep and then try to wake up.

I saw a tutorial to set up the EFI partition to boot with Radeon 7950 support, but problem with acceleration.

Also I have a software (colornavigator) to calibrate my Eizo screen, it is always launched and I see its menu at start up, I need to quit it manually each time.

On the dock, right click on the software icon, goto options uncheck Open At Login

Can I don something to boot with the flags dart=0 CPUS=1 npci=0x2000 ?

For avoiding the cpus=1 flag install the "Drivers > Misc > VoodooTSCSync > VoodooTSCSync 6 Core" from MultiBeast.

Add the npci=0x2000 to your org.chameleon.boot.plist file as shown below (File will be present on /Extra folder of your OS X Installed/EFI partition)

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000</string>
Save the file. Reboot OS X.

Disable Vt-d on BIOS.

Then boot without typing any flags.

Ok !!!It's almost perfect.

1- I can boot without boot flags now.
2- GFX acceleration is perfect now.
3- Creative cloud and Photoshop + lightroom installed and work Ok

Some remaining issues :When I start the computer my two monitors are working fine, but when OS X starts (on OSX startup there is the apple logo with progress bar on two monitors) the "logo page" shuts down and I arrive to the login page on only one monitor, I need to toggle on/off the second monitor to have the dual screen again.As I did some mistakes on the first install, I did it again today, it worked fine, but on the previous install I plugged in another HD (data storage HD), formatted it on OS system, and when I plugged it again on the new system I have permission problem. I managed to solve the permission on the folder system but the files remained on permission error. I managed the permission issue with the info dialog box and applied it to the included elements but it didn't solve the file permission issue. Only the folder permission issu. As I have 20000 images on the HD I can't do the operation on each single file ! Is there a way to change permission (in fact it seems to be a permission remaining of a previous admin that no longer exists on the computer) of all single file of the HD ?

Here is a screen shot :

permissions.png

Is the red rectangle it says : "loading... and access forbidden".

When I used the info dialog box of the HD itself and asked to change permissions to items included it did the job on all included folders but not on the files in the folders. It added the new admin permission I changed (removing the incorrect one and adding the correct one : jean-martinbarbut) but didn't remove the incorrect one for single files.

Ragarding the wake up issue it seems to occure when the computer is asleep for a while (more than 15-30 min). If I make it sleep and wake it up 2 minutes after, no problem.

Regarding the wake up issue, I deactivate the wake on lan option of the bios, let see the result

Something weird happens : if I add the

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000</string>

in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, I can't start my Epson V700 scanner, it returns "no communication with the scanner" it is usb scanner. If I put npci=0x2000 as a flag on the boot screen the scanner software starts correctly !

Very strange no ?

Any idea why the scanner isn't recognized if org.chameleon.Boot.plist is modified ?

Other issue : my onboard intel ethernet card isn't functionning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back