Contribute
Register

Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Cap installer: "Can't find /System/Library/kernels/kernel"

I'm having exactly the same problem. Chameleon is already installed and it reverts to that after the error?

Apologies, I missed the big list.

Mine was set to UEFI and Legacy, so I swapped it to UEFI only and it is working.

Thank you.

if set to UEFI the boot up options don't even show the USB. it only shows up under uefi + legacy

if set to UEFI the boot up options don't even show the USB. it only shows up under uefi + legacy

Well, if you used UniBeast, did you create it using Legacy mode or UEFI mode? If you did not use UniBeast, which options did you select from the Clover "Customize" screen?

got el capitan installed and launchable from clover. From memory I think I created a new usb in uefi mode

Set your BIOS to UEFI boot only. That worked for me.

Set your BIOS to UEFI boot only. That worked for me.

I also had to do this on my Z77 system to boot from the USB installer (UniBeast), in converting it to Clover from Chimera. I also had to remove 2 sticks of RAM (from 16 to 8GB) to get the El Cap installer to run. I could replace the RAM fine afterwards.

same problem

this is killing me

i'll try to unplug the mouse now and boot like that

This error can also be due to Chimera being part of your existing install. Make sure you are booting from the UniBeast USB with Clover on it.

This includes pressing hotkey to choose boot device at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back