Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is somewhere else on this site in the forums but while this guide is great and helped me build my first Hackintosh, I want to say... AVOID the Corsair HX650 power supply. Do some seaching on the chirping noise from the fan in this power supply. You will quickly find that you'll want to select a different p/s. Mine is now chirping every couple of minutes and I'm going to have to get a new p/s since I can't really be down while the mfg. warranties it and I'm outside the Newegg returns period.

I will reiterate... this buying guide was priceless in helping me get a Hackintosh up and running quickly and smoothly. Just don't buy the Corsair HX650 power supply.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Hi to everyone this is the computer I want to buy:

Intel Core i7-3770.
Ram 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Mother Board GA-Z77X-UD5H
Hard Drive Sata 1 GB

graphics: no card.

but for this I have 2 questions:

1. Wich graphic card can I use to use multiple ( double) monitor for the custom mac pro?

2. can I install OS X snow leopard in this machine?, If i can it would be great because 10.6.8 system works better for me in Pro Tools.

OS Version Hardware Supported
10.6 Snow Leopard 5 Series and X58 Based Systems
10.7 Lion Sandy Bridge 6 Series and previous Systems
10.8 Mountain Lion Ivy Bridge 7 Series and previous Systems

Storage must be "SDSSDX",can't be "SDSSDP"?

I intend to build a hackintosh this month just wondering if I should wait for the April buyers guide

I think the evga gtx 660 has two dvi ports

Does anyone know if their are any known issues with a Gigabyte z68 MOBO and a 3770k on 10.8.3? I am having nightmares trying to get the OS installed!

Does anyone know if their are any known issues with a Gigabyte z68 MOBO and a 3770k on 10.8.3? I am having nightmares trying to get the OS installed!

I don't think your processor and mobo are compatible. You'll need either a new mobo (1155, z77 etc etc) or an old sandy bridge processor. I'd opt for the new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back