Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Nice guide. I have a question, are there any front panel SD card reader that are specifically compatible with OS X or can I pick any of amazon?

Someone could confirm if I can install OS X on this computer?
Would there be any incompatibility?

Thanks for all

Caja: Aerocool PGS-R RS-9 Devil Red
Placa Base: Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5
Procesador: Intel Core I7-3820 3.60Ghz
Ventilador: Thermaltake Frio Avance
Ram: G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2133 PC3-1700 16GB 2x8GB CL9
HDD SSD: Crucial M4 128GB SATA3
HDD 1: W.D. HDD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA2 300MBPS
HDD 2: W.D. HDD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA2 300MBPS
Fuente: Thermaltake Toughpower 650W
Grafica: XFX HD6870 Black Edition 1GB GDDR5
Grabadora DVD: Grabadora LG SATA 22x
Lector DVD: DVD LG
Lector Tarjetas + DNI
Teclado & Ratón: Logitech MX3200

¿Entonces hablas Español? Haha! (Took Spanish immersion in school)
I think that should work... Just make sure that your caja is the right size! :)

Hello!
I have a couple of questions:

If or when it is necessary that the RAM is Corsair? I can not choose any one that is DDR3 1600?

The SSD, must be SanDisk? I can not choose the Crucial M4?

I can choose to Mountain Lion by AMD graphics? Dislike NVIDIA.

Thank you!

In the graphics card section, where it says that "these graphics cards will work without modifying drivers", does this apply to all, one or some of the different OS? (because i run lion, and lion seems to be mentioned nowhere)

We removed the CPU cooler from all of the builds that come with a fully functional stock CPU cooler.

You may use any 3rd party CPU cooler from the list on any of these builds besides the standard CustoMac mini- the Apex and Thermaltake shoebox cases will fit only the stock or a low profile cooler.

Hope this helps!

Off topic here but the IOGear 4.0 BT is nonfunctional on mini deluxe. Prob should of mentioned that before I went out and bought one... I think its about time you remove it as a recommended device as its not plug in play with any of my hackintoshs :banghead:

Off topic here but the IOGear 4.0 BT is nonfunctional on mini deluxe. Prob should of mentioned that before I went out and bought one... I think its about time you remove it as a recommended device as its not plug in play with any of my hackintoshs :banghead:
The IOGear 4.0 Bluetooth works out of the box in Mountain Lion, but requires editing the kext in Lion.

Hello, I am new to this and have a question regarding the Budget ATX build. Is there a specific reason why there is not an i7 processor listed? The Budget mATX build above it lists one and from what I can tell the board supports an i7... If it can accept an i7 would the board listed in the Budget mATX build work? Thank you!​

Hello, I am new to this and have a question regarding the Budget ATX build. Is there a specific reason why there is not an i7 processor listed? The Budget mATX build above it lists one and from what I can tell the board supports an i7... If it can accept an i7 would the board listed in the Budget mATX build work? Thank you!​

Look up the GB board in ? on their website and see which Intel cpu(s) it supports.

a i7 will work with the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back