Contribute
Register

Buggy DSDT Asus Q501LA, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what I do (I've followed the Guide to install Chameleon on EFI partition, HFS+, FAT32), I've got EFI to be the active partition, but it doesn't work. Something is wrong with the Bios in my laptop.

When you say 'have you installed the boot1h into MBR'? what do you mean? I just have one OS in my drive and it's Mavericks, so my partition scheme is GUID not MBR. Is it possible that my BIOS in legacy boot doesn't recognize GUID? I can boot without problems with the Unibeast USB plugged-in, but it's MBR.

With Clover the thing is that I can manage to install the files into the USB to test it, but once I get to the selection screen I just don't know what to do anymore... something about Mapping Tables FS0 BLK... but no booting.. I need to study Clover.. but for the moment I would love to have Chameleon boot loader detected by my BIOS..

Hi Rehabman,
I'm trying to get Clover to work, testing first from a USB Key. I can get the UEFI screen to show, but when I try to boot the OS, Clover sends me to Shell screen and shows me the Mapping Partition scheme. I can find my SATA at the bottom with BLK5, and it says it's MBR no GUID (like my USB partition scheme) I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, but I need your help.

I've tried to follow the guide for Clover from the wiki, and tried to configure my config.plist with Clover Configurator, but I still cannot boot OS. Could you pleas help me? I gave up trying to install Chameleon on EFI, because it doesn't work, my BIOS doesn't recognize my HDD, it doesn't even show up in the Boot Menu.

Thank you very much!

Hi Rehabman,
I'm trying to get Clover to work, testing first from a USB Key. I can get the UEFI screen to show, but when I try to boot the OS, Clover sends me to Shell screen and shows me the Mapping Partition scheme. I can find my SATA at the bottom with BLK5, and it says it's MBR no GUID (like my USB partition scheme) I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, but I need your help.

I've tried to follow the guide for Clover from the wiki, and tried to configure my config.plist with Clover Configurator, but I still cannot boot OS. Could you pleas help me? I gave up trying to install Chameleon on EFI, because it doesn't work, my BIOS doesn't recognize my HDD, it doesn't even show up in the Boot Menu.

Thank you very much!

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hello Rehabman,

I too have been working on geting OSX running on the Asus Q501LA. I have been able to boot and install Mavericks using Clover and UEFI. I have not been successful get graphics acceleration, sound, sleep, battery monitoring working.

The system is an Asus Q501LA
Intel Series 8 chipset
CPU i5-4200u
Graphics intel HD 4400 1920x1080 with ID 0x0a16????

As far as I can tell Clover is creating a DSDT on the fly. Do you have any suggestions on how to get QE/QI working? Sound etc?

Thanks,
Frank

I just purchased an Asus Q501LA today, so I'll be jumpin in on this party to contribute what I can on the road to a successful hackbook.
Should be receiving the laptop within a week. I need a hackintosh challenge.

Hello Rehabman,

I too have been working on geting OSX running on the Asus Q501LA. I have been able to boot and install Mavericks using Clover and UEFI. I have not been successful get graphics acceleration, sound, sleep, battery monitoring working.

The system is an Asus Q501LA
Intel Series 8 chipset
CPU i5-4200u
Graphics intel HD 4400 1920x1080 with ID 0x0a16????

As far as I can tell Clover is creating a DSDT on the fly. Do you have any suggestions on how to get QE/QI working? Sound etc?

Thanks,
Frank

Inject ig-platform-id 0x0a260006

Thanks Rehabman!

Injecting the value you suggested worked. I now have QE/QI acceleration. Outstanding!!!

Do you have any good reverences for creating a dsdt.dsl and then editing it. I get the following errors when I create a dsdt.dst and try to compile it using maciasl. The braces and parenthesis seem to be properly nested in the file. A snippet of code is shown below.

8643, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
8665, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
8827, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
9411, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
10704, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
10718, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
11910, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0
21182, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_LOCAL0
23498, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF
23509, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF
23544, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

Code around first error:
Device (GPI0)
{
Name (_HID, "INT33C7")
Name (_CID, "INT33C7")
Name (_UID, One)
Name (RBUF, ResourceTemplate ()
{
DWordIO (ResourceProducer, MinFixed, MaxFixed, PosDecode, EntireRange,
0x00000000, // Granularity
0x00001C00, // Range Minimum
0x00001FFF, // Range Maximum
0x00000000, // Translation Offset
0x00000400, // Length
,, , TypeStatic)
})

Thanks,
Frank

Thanks Rehabman!

Injecting the value you suggested worked. I now have QE/QI acceleration. Outstanding!!!

Do you have any good reverences for creating a dsdt.dsl and then editing it. I get the following errors when I create a dsdt.dst and try to compile it using maciasl. The braces and parenthesis seem to be properly nested in the file. A snippet of code is shown below.

8643, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
8665, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
8827, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
9411, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
10704, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
10718, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting '('
11910, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0
21182, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_LOCAL0
23498, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF
23509, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF
23544, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

Code around first error:
Device (GPI0)
{
Name (_HID, "INT33C7")
Name (_CID, "INT33C7")
Name (_UID, One)
Name (RBUF, ResourceTemplate ()
{
DWordIO (ResourceProducer, MinFixed, MaxFixed, PosDecode, EntireRange,
0x00000000, // Granularity
0x00001C00, // Range Minimum
0x00001FFF, // Range Maximum
0x00000000, // Translation Offset
0x00000400, // Length
,, , TypeStatic)
})

Thanks,
Frank

Without seeing the entire DSDT, I can't provide any advice.

Attached are the dsdt.aml and dsdt.dsl files created using Chameleon Wizzard.

Frank

Attachments

• Q501LA dsdt.zip
    86.3 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back