Contribute
Register

Bootloader doesn't show up. Starting Windows instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Unibeast now, but I get a blackscreen after the Apple logo shows up.
I booted with: -v npci=0x2000

Thanks, but I have never done this before, and I have no clue where to start.

Can you please guide me a little bit?

Thanks, but I have never done this before, and I have no clue where to start.

Can you please guide me a little bit?

Start by extracting your native DSDT. You can get it from Linux (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT) or from Windows (Rw-Everything, AIDA64, etc.)

Then read the README at the link provided. Place the patched DSDT in /Extra/DSDT.aml on the USB you created with Unibeast.

I'm sorry but I don't understand it very well. I read the readme, but I still don't understand how I get the DSDT from my Windows. Do I need some kind of software?

I'm sorry but I don't understand it very well. I read the readme, but I still don't understand how I get the DSDT from my Windows. Do I need some kind of software?

Read post #25. On Windows, you can extract via RW-Everything or AIDA64 and probably other programs... In Linux it is simply a 'file' you can copy from the path specified in post #25.

I used RW-Everything and followed the instructions. I have know the DSDT.bin file.
I will know launch Mavericks and download and install MaciASL. Will get back when I launch Mavericks.
It could take some time. Do I need to download something besides the MaciASL?

The only thing I have now, is the DSDT.bin file.

I used RW-Everything and followed the instructions. I have know the DSDT.bin file.
I will know launch Mavericks and download and install MaciASL. Will get back when I launch Mavericks.
It could take some time. Do I need to download something besides the MaciASL?

The only thing I have now, is the DSDT.bin file.

Not sure what you mean by "launch Mavericks"...

Rename the DSDT.bin to DSDT.aml so you can open it in MaciASL (on the Mac that you created the Unibeast USB). Then you can configure MaciASL, fix any errors that might be present in the OEM DSDT, apply the patch from my repo, save the resulting file on the USB at /Extra/DSDT.aml, and try to boot your laptop into the OS X installer.

What I mean about launch Mavericks is that I have it installed on my PC, and I used Win32DiskImager.
The problem with that is that I get a blackscreen for like 40 minutes before I can enter the OS X. And the bootloader doesn't show up, so I have to boot via USB all the time.

Now I'm going to use Unibeast. I don't have internet on my OS X so I download everything I need from my windows. then I switch to OS X. I could also use a USB to transfer what I need.

I will get back when I launch the OS X, Since windows cannot read the unibeast USB and MaciASL only runs on OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back