Contribute
Register

Bootloader doesn't show up. Starting Windows instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, correct me if I'm mistaking. I'm going to boot to OSX with my USB. then when I get into my OSX, I need to install bootloader with multibeast.

You already did this.

then I restart my computer and boot into my OSX with USB and unmount the drive where I installed the OSX and run terminal and write: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

?

No.

Use your BIOS hotkey to select the Unibeast USB as the boot device (just as you already did in order to install).

Once you're at the Chimera bootloader from the Unibeast USB, select the OS X installer (just as you already did in order to install)

Run Disk Utility (just like you did when you installed) but instead of partitioning, unmount the partition that is on your HDD (where you previously installed OS X). Exit Disk Utility.

Then run Terminal via the Utilities menu from the OS X installer (just like you ran Disk Utility) and execute the commands necessary to transfer booth1 to the PBR of the partition that contains your installed OS X on the HDD.

Ok, will try. Do you know how to fix the black screen? I can get to the installer, and I can get to the OS X, but I have a blackscreen for like 20-30 minutes after I choose what to do in clover. It's weird.

This will fix the black screen? It was no description of what the link was. I booted from clover 20 minutes ago, so I will soon get in to the installer.

This will fix the black screen? It was no description of what the link was. I booted from clover 20 minutes ago, so I will soon get in to the installer.

No, it is for diagnostic purposes, so I can see what is going on with your system.

For your system, you should have:
config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
config.plist/Graphics/DualLink=true

Your kernel flags (config.plist/Boot/Arguments) should include 'dart=0 nv_disable=1'

You may also need DSDT patches to inject correct snb-platform-id...
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply:
"HD3000 Low Resolution"

Ok, should I do that from my windows 7 or mac os x?

Ok, I will do in a second. But the thing I do is what you posted first. so my bootloader will show up without the usb. I unmounted the mavericks partition. then I went to terminal and wrote what was in the link you send me. I got this message in terminal:

No suck file or directory -bash-3.2#

What did I do wrong?

I used this in terminal:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Ok, I will do in a second. But the thing I do is what you posted first. so my bootloader will show up without the usb. I unmounted the mavericks partition. then I went to terminal and wrote what was in the link you send me. I got this message in terminal:

No suck file or directory -bash-3.2#

What did I do wrong?

I used this in terminal:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

No idea without an actual photo of your screen showing the Terminal session.

I'm 100% certain it did not respond "No suck file..."

Was your USB created with Unibeast?

Haha, It should be no such file. No, I didn't use unibeast because that for some reason didn't work for me. I used Win32DiskImager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back