Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried this twice while trying to install 10.8.1. The first time, I was able to get to the boot loader, but there was an error that was too fast to read. I started over and tried it again. Now, I still get the boot0 error. I never get to the boot loader. I can only boot my system from the UniBeast flash drive.

Edit: Solution 2 isn't an option for me at the moment. I'm using a 3TB hard drive. When I connect it to my iMac with my USB SATA adapter, it shows up as a <1TB drive with no partition. I need a new adapter before I can try that.

I plugged in my SSD into my MPB and tried installing Multibeast onto the partition in the SSD, however it says that I don't have OS X on it, even though I clearly installed it on my build. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I had this problem too after installed UniBeast, after tried several times, I boot it again into the original install U drive, smartly it does not ask me install again, but booted into the new mac system. Then I installed MultiBeast into the hard drive with the new system, then I restart into the new system, and it works fine. I guess this approach is similar to tony's second way of use system 2 to install MultiBeast to system 1.
thanks,

this is showing kernal panik for me. what to do?

Follow my pictures or add it your kernel panic picture man ;)

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Thank you oqunn. For some reason it worked after you showed me. It just shows, I'm a dummy, I need pictures. :lol::lol::lol:

I have this same boot0 error when I reboot following Mountain Lion installation with unibeast and multibeast... This post seems to be for Lion, will these solutions work Mountain Lion?

I don't know if this is helpful to anyone else, but this command can be run from any installation of OS X you have up and running, 10.7.x or 10.8.x. Not just the installer has the boot1h file, the OS itself has it as well, but seeing has you have to unmount the new installation, you have to send the command to another mounted location

so I booted from another working OS, on another drive, and from there, I did the command (at the time the drive I booted to was a lion drive) to my new mountain lion drive which is a 3TBs, here is what I did after I booted to my lion drive and opened terminal.app

in my case, my command was

dd if=/Volumes/128GB\ SSD/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk2s2/

dd if=/Volumes/128GB\ SSD/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/..instert your disk and partition here/ i.e. of=/dev/disk2s2/ as was my case, as the aforementioned answers, you won't know your diskXsX until you look, disk utility is one way.

I re-read this and it looks confusing to me already, so if you have any clarification questions on the original solution, just know I've successfully done it with a few trial and errors. Please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you figure this one out.

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

I've tried this twice while trying to install 10.8.1. The first time, I was able to get to the boot loader, but there was an error that was too fast to read. I started over and tried it again. Now, I still get the boot0 error. I never get to the boot loader. I can only boot my system from the UniBeast flash drive.

Edit: Solution 2 isn't an option for me at the moment. I'm using a 3TB hard drive. When I connect it to my iMac with my USB SATA adapter, it shows up as a <1TB drive with no partition. I need a new adapter before I can try that.

Are you able to open Disk Utility.app once you are in that installer you say you are able to get to? PM me and I think I can help here, if this is still an issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back