Contribute
Register

Bluetooth kIODeviceNotResponding error on Asus N53SV-DH72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to dual boot, so im creating 2 partitions with GUID partition table. The first is Mac os extended journaled, and the second is fat32 for windows. The weird thing is that when I boot from my lion/unibeast usb the extended journaled partition doesn't show up only the fat32 partition. Is this normal? Should I try mbr? Is that why i might be getting Still waiting for root device?

The root device will be the USB installer stick when booting from it. Try giving it a few minutes to complete....

I am still loosing more of my hair. I've reached the stage where i know my issue is not a bluetooth driver issue, but the dreaded "Still waiting for root device" message which now makes me cringe everytime i see it. I also know that this has something to do with Lion 10.7.2 which is the only Lion I have access to, since thats the only one available in the app store which i can download. I also know that its something to do with Lion now loading all kexts or something from S/L/E without loading anything from E/E.

The proposed solution I have managed to find out so far is to copy all my E/E kexts into S/L/E, and if im getting this right I should replace any conflicting ones (i.e. ones that already exist in S/L/E, with the E/E).

Now the last piece of advice I gratefully got from cili0 is the following:
What about kexts in E/E that are already in S/L/E, which I am asked to replace. Should I overwrite them, or keep the current ones in S/L/E?

Yeah, i forgot to mention that you should replace the vanilla kexts with the patched ones.

Just to make an example, you have to replace the original AppleHDA.kext with a version patched for your motherboard.
Now this might sound awfully noobish, but here it comes...which are the vanilla kexts? And of course, how do I get ones patched for my motherboard, considering that I have no idea what my motherboard is, and probably wont be willing to tear my laptop apart to find out?

I know there is a DSDT for an asus similar to mine: http://www.osx86.net/view/1543-n53sv-sx054v.html

Can I extract it from there?

Desperately waiting for help.

This might sound stupid but... my case was a bit different I was able to install lion from stick everything worked(I mean booting cause till know I cannot force this notebook to be fully operative under OSX :p) fine but after updating Lion to 10.7.2 all boot attempts with different kernel flags failed: "Still waiting for root device". Desperately I decided to try booting without any flags. Guess what? It worked... Dunno why... I've got Asus U36SD so probably I got lucky cause I didn't need so much additional kexts but well... give it a try. Maybe it will work. Good Luck!

BTW I also have this kIODevicenotresponding errors but it's not the cause. It is able to boot with those errors.

Just for the record, I removed IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext from System/Library/Extensions and the installers booted fine for me. Without any flags!

Sorry about that. This didn't work with the unibeast install method. I had to use an alternative method, and I didn't need to remove the bluetooth kexts either. PM me for the method since I can't post it here.

http://www.osx86.net/general-discussion ... -os-2.html

Download the files from post #14 of this thread, then follow the instructions in post 18.

Make sure you follow the instructions on making a USB drive with unibeast. You dont need to worry abou the post install stuff.

Also I have attached the dsdt.aml that I use. It fixes the distorted graphics you may encounter.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 87
I didn't use unibeast, I used an alternative method as posted above. However I can boot into Lion fine, without any boot flags.

First try with your dsdt caused my a kernel panic and I couldn't even boot back into my system. Not even with -s.

I am re-installing and trying again. Should I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No or something?

Update: I also forgot to ask, are you booting from your h.d.? Seems everyone is booting from usb.

Update2: I also forgot to mention that in MultiBeast besides choosing user dsdt, i only selected system utilities and system definition MacBookPro 8,1. In the kernel panic message the 8,1 pro system definition was mentioned and it didn't seem to like it.

:headbang: Ok, so almost there. Your dsdt didn't work. The first time I had forgotten to rename it to DSDT.aml (all caps). The second time, no kernel panic, but just a blue screen for me.

For keyboard I had to install: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext & VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I also thought of adding them to my installer usb's s/l/e to get the keyboard to work throughout the installer, and it worked. Funnily enough, it didn't install them on the system, so i had to re-install them with kext wizard after the initial boot. The kexts can be found in the kext.zip attached to the following post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=169669#p169669

For graphics I ran Multibeast, selected user dsdt, system utilities, macbookpro 8,1 for system definitions and 64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No from boot options. I also selected the usb 3.0 driver from under misc., however i haven't tested that.
The following dsdtworked perfect for me: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=320375#p320375
Restart, working graphics, absolutely amazed, after 2 month effort! (All thanks to droplets to be honest from above post)

For Wifi I installed the kext found here: http://www.osx86.net/view/1279-atheros_ar9285_fix.html. I also installed the Lnx2Mac's Realtek... driver from Multibeast. Restart working wifi and ethernet. Totaly amazed.

For battery I installed both kexts from here: http://www.osx86.net/view/1384-voodoobattery_lion.html. Restart, in total awe now, as things just keep working.

To boot from h.d. I had the boot 0 issue. So I just followed the instructions in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=238187#p238187. Worked perfectly for me. So now I have a dual boot system, and my laptop is nearing to what I dreamed of!

Somewhere along the way my hand moved on the trackpad, and I realized it was working! Hahaha. Scrolling and all. I have no idea how.

Whats left?
Keep in mind that I am stroking my laptop, since I can't believe I have all the above setup! So I don't want more adventures. But anyway:

1. Audio is not working. This is the most important thing left. I actually haven't tried to make it work yet to be honest. It should be as easy as removing the AppleHDA.kext from s/l/e and installing the correct voodooHDA. However I'm not willing to guess at this stage. So any advice would be really nice. What audio chip do we have in this laptop ALC88x? What version of voodooHDA should we install? Also im reading in the audio forum about HDMI on the hd3000 and crisp sound, but with dsdt edits and stuff. So I'm not really sure where to go from here.

2. Sleep is not working. I haven't tried sleepenabler. Should I?

3. Bluetooth, at some point actually showed up. But that's not working either now apparently.

4. The card reader.

5. USB 3.0. (I need to test)

6. Last but not least the function keys and the volume keys. I need to test those, after fixing audio. I just tested the function keys, and the trackpad one and the wifi one work. The screen brightness one only brightens once, but never dims or brightens again. So more testing there.

I really really do hope this serves useful for someone in the future. I can't believe I finally got this relatively working. I'm gonna go look for droplets to give him a kiss! :thumbup:

Ya its weird. This dsdt.aml fixed most of my issues. BUT I will say, before I found it, i had swapped a bunch of kexts, and when I tried it, it was failing for me. I started over, and just used this dsdt.aml on the installer and all was great.

I have sound working, all i did was delete the AppleHDA.kext and found a thread with an edited VoodooHDA.kext that had iGain = 0. Sound works great now.

As for BT, mine works, but sometimes it goes away, typically whenever my wifi drops out.

USB3.0 is verified working for me, although I used a different PXHCI.kext i think. Got it from kexts.com

I am currently looking for a solution for the Card reader. So far I have found none. It appears our card reader is a version or 2 newer than the alcor one that apple supports OOB.

For Sleep I just downloaded sleepenabler 10.7 and its working now too.

I am booting from the harddrive, and had to do no workarounds.

Function Keys, and volume are not working here either.

This is completely functional for me. I dont boot into windows or linux. I am pleasantly impressed with how well this started working out. When i first got it, i thought there was no hope. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back