ATI Radeon HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Im trying to install Lion with unibeast on my Asus N53SV-DH72. The installer is not starting because of what seems to be a bluetooth issue.

If I use -x -v I can see errors like:

[InterruptReadHandler] Received kIODeviceNotResponding error - retrying: 100.
[InterruptReadHandler] Received kIODeviceNotResponding error - no more retries.

[SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: [0x1005] (Read Buffer Size) Send request failed (err = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout))

IOBluetoothHCIController::setuphardware -- failed to get the buffer size from the Bluetooth module

REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure: 0x010 - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily/IOBluetoothFamily-4010.4.4/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothHCIController.cpp:628

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused

Still waiting for root device

etc...

Any ideas how I can start the setup and tell it to ignore the blue tooth? I checked and couldn't find a way to disable the bluetooth from bios. I hope I don't have to manually remove the bluetooth module from my new laptop, as I don't know if that is even possible.

Please help. Thank you.
------------------------------
Update: I solved this by removing IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext from System/Library/Extensions and the installer booted fine for me. Without any flags!

Please please someone help, please.

The problem is not due to bluetooth, but rather "Still waiting for root device"

Are you sure? What does that mean? There is "REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure" error as I pasted below. So I thought that was the issue. In all cases how would I get the installation up and going, as I am still stuck in the same place. :(

Now that I come to think of it again, I see what you mean. I tried, as that message kept displaying over and over again, re-plugging my usb at different ports, hoping the installer would suddenly start, but to no avail.

Anyway, ill type the last message i get, hopefully they might make more sense to someone than they do to me:

mbinit: done [64 MB total pool size, (42/21) split]
Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitive misused
rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: E72DE8CE-533C-3073-A07d-3812c26D54B0
From path: "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</Key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

"still waiting for root device" -- it's looking for the harddrive/usbdrive/disc to boot for install... likely the installer drive.

I had to just keep restarting and trying again until it recognized it. If it doesn't find it in 15 seconds, its probably not going to find it; restart and try again if that's the case. Try experimenting formatting the installer drive with GUID and/or MBR if it's on a USB key.

First try no boot flags at all just hit enter..........

Try booting with these
UseKernelCache=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No (deactivate Optimus)
-v -f (ignore cache)
rd=*uuid
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1
-v npci=0x2000

If none of that works (unlikely) try
Different USB port
Unplug and replug stick
Disable USB legacy function in BIOS
Different display connector (VGA, DVI, ..)
Move AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* kexts out of the way so they dont load
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 4&start=20
-------------------------------------------
viewtopic.php?t=35158&p=226121
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... &p=1760830
DarwinX said:
Simply eliminate the /Extra/Extensions directory by moving all of your kexts to the /System/Library/Extensions directory and add UseKernelCache=Yes to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

The error you are having is similar to what the 4530s has for bluetooth. However, it will not prevent you from booting.

After trying all attempts I have failed completely. I have tried all the different boot flag suggestions, and they all failed. I tried with a different usb sick, on different ports and all with the same result. Disabling usb legacy causes my usb sticks to not show up in the boot menu, so I couldn't try that. All attempts to install Lion here, have failed. I am very miserable. I was really hoping this would work.

I don't know if this will make a difference. But I did partition my h.d. to 2 partitions, as I wanted a dual boot (with windows). I managed to install 10.6.3 using iboot. I also managed to update to 10.6.8. I was always forced to boot from the iBoot CD, and to resolve that I had follow the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=238187#p238187

Could this be the issue? Do I need to re-format my drive completely?

After all this fails, I did what I didn't want to do which is follow the xMove guide. I didn't want to repartition as to not break my windows installation. However I was very desperate to get the Lion installer up at any cost. So I followed the xMove guide. Started the installer, however this time the installer gives me a black screen. It kinda flashes a light blue screen for less than a second (as if the installer is about to start), then I get a black screen and I'm stuck with that. Again I tried different boot flags, but to no avail. I haven't even tested if my windows installation is broken or not, as I'm too miserable. :(

Now I'm too scared to ask this, but are there any other ideas?

Is the intel HD3000 supported on 10.6.8? Should I just go for Snow Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back