Contribute
Register

Been testing OSX on the ASUS x401a - Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok weirdest thing i got my hub to work on the USB3.0 side and put the mouse on the other side really weird anyway im finally got to move the mouse and now im install ill keep everyone posted thanks.

Hey olivera thanks man i know u are busy but was wondering if u can please give us a step by step guide on how to install mac and windows and maybe linux cause i got it to install but nothing same thing i tried to install windows along side but wont read the harddrive install the boot loader u mentioned before think its was clover thanks.

Still having issues with this installation i did convert the unibeast usb to Mbr that works but i cant get any boot loader to work i installed chimera and unibeast but same it wont boot into the boot loader this is getting very frustration any help on this is greatly appreciated i also created 3 partions for linux windows they seem ok i tried clover V2 no results some please shed some light on this thanks

Still having issues with this installation i did convert the unibeast usb to Mbr that works but i cant get any boot loader to work i installed chimera and unibeast but same it wont boot into the boot loader this is getting very frustration any help on this is greatly appreciated i also created 3 partions for linux windows they seem ok i tried clover V2 no results some please shed some light on this thanks

I pulled the ssd (aftermarket) out of my x401a and installed using my hackintsoh pro, and using the chameleon boot loader I was able to boot on my laptop, but only with safemode (-x). I currently and finishing up highschool, so I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it.

hey oliver can u please upload a custom extra folder for us i think maybe this is why me and some others cannot boot without the bootloader also i have to still use the usb to boot from but only in -x thanks really appreciate this.

hey oliver can u please upload a custom extra folder for us i think maybe this is why me and some others cannot boot without the bootloader also i have to still use the usb to boot from but only in -x thanks really appreciate this.

The reason that the asus bios is not recognizing the boot loader is because the bootloaders for mac are EFI based.

ok thanks man for responding do u think there is any fix for that how is your sucess on this?

Hey, well I'm new to the forum and have been testing with my x401a. It's the model with the pentium dual core processor in it. I still have the stock 320gb hdd, I haven't gotten an SSD, yet. But I'm going to try your methods and report back.

i working on it now been at this for almost a week very frustrated i cannot get the boot loader to work i been tryin everthing from clover chimera now im going try chameleon i wish someone will be more specific on this and help us

alright here is what i got installed 10.8.3 got full video resolution probly QE not sure on that have not tested ok managed so far after to boot only -v -f after i installed fakesmc nullcpupower kexts. after that i downloaded champlist and did the required edited for the plist and smbios for the smbios i added macbookpro 8.1. i cannot get the mouse to work what so ever i have not tested audio im sure it will work or lan although im sure the internet port might work not sure on wireless only problem i would say is the boot loader and the mouse someone needs to give a better detail on how they managed to get this fully working seems like im the only one testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back