Contribute
Register

Been testing OSX on the ASUS x401a - Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 1,184
AH ! if it's like in my bios, you have to go to the 4th menu : "security"
And look for something like "lock devices", there should submenus for different devices.

Ahah! you are brilliant, thats exactly where it was. I disabled the networking and the Audio, testing the boot now.

EDIT: It still seems to hang on the "AppleSMCDRP" not quite sure. at least it is no longer hanging on the AppleHDA :D

Ok i got it to boot using mountain lion only by pressing -x but cannot get the mouse or keyboard to respond

1 update to latest bios

2 make your mountain lion usb assuming you have it

3 go into bios make sure you have it set to sata AHCI, Power off energy saving Disabled, Usb Configuration, legacy usb support set to enabled, XHCI Preboot-boot mode enabled, Boot, Boot configuration launch PXE oprom enabled,set graphics to 512M

4 press f 10 to save your bios

5 make sure your USB disc is on your USB 2.0 NOT 3.0

6 boot into usb enter -x there u go no problems that is all i have so far i just got one of these laptops so i jut finally got to the installation screen with seems like full resolution

Note i have the Asus x401a- black version with a dual core Pentium CPU have not tried to installed yet but right not im in the main language ill keep u guys posted so follow this and u wont have any problems getting to the installation menu but i cannot get the keyboard and mouse to work any help on that would be great ill post back if i get it up and running.

Hi, that's weird you don't have neither keyboard nor mouse. keyboard's ps2, and mouse is usb, right ? is trackpad working ?
Try another external keyboard, be sure to use it on a usb2 port.

try to boot without -x, but with -v, and see where is hangs, if it hangs.
try to desactivate xhci (won't work with usb legacy enabled anyway), and PXE (unless you specifically need it)
also if your laptop's including a HD4000 or HD2500, you have to set graphics memory to its minimum (not 512) should be 64 Mo
(the driver will handle that perfectly and attribute it max shared memory automatically in ML)

A good way, is to desactivate as many devices as you can in BIOS during setup (see former discussion with Jakob)

If you have a HD2500 you can also try to create a 10.8.3 boot device, since it includes the good drivers...

cheers

hey i have the usb installer in the usb 2.0 port should i try to make another usb with 10.8.3? i get keyboard but no mouse or trackpad etc even when i put my mouse in the usb3.0 it just freezes ill keep u posted pleas help on this thanks.

Anything plugged into the usb3 port will freeze the laptop as long as you have "usb legacy" set to enabled in bios.
Obviously, you need this legacyUsb option so that you're able to boot from your 10.8.2 installer.
The way I did it was to use a simple usb2 hub, and plug both my mouse and the installer-usb-key into the hub.
Usblegacy=yes
xhci preboot=disabled
If you still have problems, try another usb mouse in the hub, and finally check your installer (I used Unibeast) or recreate it

ps : I don't remember, but maybe setting xhci=disabled in Bios also allow you to use the usb3 port as basic usb2 port, check that.

ok im gonna try it now thanks

hey on the usb hub spillter should i use a mac osx compatable usb hub? the one i have does not read the usb when i got to boot it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back