Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
--Problem Reporting--

1 - Problem: HDMI / monitor isn't showing up in System Preferences > Sound to enable HDMI audio. Have tried the guide already.

2 - Yosemite 10.10.2, S400CA, S209, Intel i3-3217U @ 1.80GHZ, Intel HD Graphics 4k

3 - https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdm...]_HD4000-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf.zip
Added DSDT code & 3 OS X Intel HD 4k Clover Capri patches, can't use FB 0x0166000a as my laptop only works w/ FB 0x01660003 (I checked, it has HDMI and DP out)

4 - View attachment Duncan's MacBook Air.ioreg

5 - Attached system.log b/c "All messages" didn't have anything in it ... couldn't attach system.log as file "too big" - https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1rmxzk8c8qibth/system.log?dl=0

6 - Patched myself and Mirone from InsanelyMac - View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip

7 - N/A

8)
a) Config: View attachment config.plist
b) DPCIManager: View attachment DPCIManagerLog.txt
c) DSDT: View attachment DSDT.aml
d) SSDT: View attachment SSDT.aml

Thanks!

-Duncan

Added DSDT code & 3 OS X Intel HD 4k Clover Capri patches, can't use FB 0x0166000a as my laptop only works w/ FB 0x01660003 (I checked, it has HDMI and DP out)
Did not use the guide noted; dsdt edit are not correct.
Start over with the native dsdt
MaciASL/Preferences/Sources/+
Code:
https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000/master
Patches
1. AMI-Clean_Compile-7series
2. AMI-HD4000-Laptop-FB03-A1 (edit Patch/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00)

IOReg does not show a HDMI device attached. Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg/HDMI device attached.
Note: Framebuffer edits are required; 0x03006601 has no HDMI connectors.

Did not use the guide noted; dsdt edit are not correct.
Start over with the native dsdt
MaciASL/Preferences/Sources/+
Code:
https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000/master
Patches
1. AMI-Clean_Compile-7series
2. AMI-HD4000-Laptop-FB03-A1 (edit Patch/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00)

IOReg does not show a HDMI device attached. Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg/HDMI device attached.
Note: Framebuffer edits are required; 0x03006601 has no HDMI connectors.

DSDT: View attachment DSDT.aml
IOReg: View attachment IORegHDMI.ioreg
--Note: I hope that my HDMI device is being recognized properly, as I'm using the HDMI device (monitor w/ audio out / speakers) to type this reply up...

Cheers!

P.S. For Framebuffer edits, does it count if I add the 3 Capri FB patches from "config-hdmi-hd4000-100.plist" into Clover/KextsToPatch?

For Framebuffer edits, does it count if I add the 3 Capri FB patches from "config-hdmi-hd4000-100.plist" into Clover/KextsToPatch?
dsdt edits are correct.
No. 3 Capri FB patches are for 0x0A006601
Ok to modify Port 0x6 patch (remove spaces) to:
Port 0x6 DP>HDMI
Find:
03 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 81 00 00 00
Replace:
03 04 00 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00

Monitor link?

Hello Toleda, Ref: #160 from the No Audio thread.

Current situation - completed the No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

I am X99-UD4 using plist CLOVER audio injection.

Am I right in your advice to use guide 5 that I must do DSDT edit only?

Can you please advise:
1. I should remove the SSDT.aml as I have to use DSDT edit.
2. I need to remove the audioID injection from my clover plist - this will be done by DSDT edit.
3. I need to keep using the patched in place appleHDA.kext from the Realtek ALC guide.
4. I need to remove the "Rename ALZA to HDEF" DSDT patch as this will be done in the DSDT edit.
5. I need to keep using the "t1-10.9-10.10-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150" Kext patch.
6. I need to keep using the "t1-10.9-10.10-AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml" Kext patch.
7. I need to keep using the "10.9.4-10.10-/x99 ALC Onboard Audio" Kext patch.

I have included the new View attachment config.plist I will use and will then follow https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdm.../[Guide]_5series-hdmi_audio_(dsdt)_v2.pdf.zip in order to patch my DSDT.aml

Thankyou

EDIT:

I have tried to follow [Guide]_5series_hdmi_audio_(dsdt)_v2-2 guide.

Here are my View attachment DSDTs.zip .... "NewDSDT" is post edit...

I applied the hdef0-add_dsdt/HDEF-1.txt_v2.0 as there was no AZAL or HDEF...
I applied the ib1-ami_efi_clean_compile_v1.1 to give "clean compile"
I applied the 5s1-hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia-1.txt_v2.0

I think I made an error in the application of 5s1-hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia-1.txt_v2.0 as I was unclear what my "NAME" was for step 3 in the guide - "Determine Graphics Name and Address" and I was confused if the FIND/REPLACE is after the application of the EDIT.

I also notice I have a ALZA in IORegistryExplorer... but the guide talks about editing ALZA...?

I will try this when I get home as I'm out right now, but my monitor link is HDMI>HDMI. (I'm using an HDMI cable from my laptop to the monitor) Do I still patch port 0x6?

Cheers!

I got HDMI audio working! Thank you so much Toleda! :clap::D

I also notice I have a ALZA in IORegistryExplorer... but the guide talks about editing ALZA...?
Fix onboard audio. As mentioned previously, a few changes to the ssdt are required for HDMI audio on your system. At this point, your system may be unrepairable; consider a clean install.

Framebuffer edits required. On the right track with Post #375 #356.

I don't know where to go from here. :?:
Any roadsigns are welcome, I'm willing to learn and put in more time.

Is the HDMI-audio enabling process only dependent on motherboard type and independent of CPU's that fit on that motherboard?

BTW:
Isn't the Gigabyte H87N a popular mobo? So if anybody can document the enabling of HDMI audio for this board, it would be appreciated by the community. If nobody has it documented, then I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back