Contribute
Register

(ASUS X450JF) Install Upgrade Yosemite using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you wake up your osx after sleep? It seems i can't find any solution for now. I've tried copy your CLOVER and boot it from it, but still can't wakeup after sleep.
Wake up from sleep.....I don't have that issue..:thumbup:.
I attach files (last configuration, but still be changed later and no HDA Enabler in my)... hopefully help

HDMI audio not responding at all, i've followed the suggestion from
Rehabman too. (even HDAU not shows up). I'm only newbie in this ACPI
stuff. But when i use your CLOVER the HDAU is shows up but no audio at
all.

This is our issue.....
see RehabMan say "According to your ioreg, HDMI-audio is working"..

and clover bootscreen...my issue.
still curious about the problem clover bootscreen :banghead:,
if you don't have that issue, where you install the clover bootloader...? seems not visible in the bios boot option.

Attachments

• X450jf_File.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 115
I hope so , it should work , it turns out audio hdmi not working ..

Did you select it in SysPrefs->Sound? OS X does not switch automatically.

Maybe I misunderstood,,needs driver, what driver?
not need kext (driver=kext), need more explanation...(curious)

I have no driver attached to that device on my u430. Therefore it is probably not needed. I have no access to my MacBook Air (ATM), so I can't tell yo for sure, but that is my guess...

I've use your file, i put the acpi patched in my clover (removing my old one), put the config.plist (removing my old one), and put all your kext (SLE) in clover kext directory (removing my old one).

After i use your file, the hibernate work smoothly. I'm amaze, even windows can't do something like this. In my mavericks, when i make my laptop sleep, it can't sleep totally, the fan, cpu, hardrive is out but still the led is on. But now, even the led is off (it's totally off). Then when i press the power, voilla it back just like when i last make it sleep (wow). It seems the "fastboot" feature of the bios has been used in here.

(I put back my clover kext and removing your kext file, since it blocking my tiny wifi usb)
And when i reboot, hdmi audio seems working. Right now i'm only using a converter cable hdmi to vga with audio output. No VGA monitor to test nor HDMI monitor to test. When i plug the HDMI converter, the HDMI audio becoming exist in the syspref (just like what mr rehabman said), and automatically switched. The sound is out for a couple seconds, then it's off (don't know why). I'll test it tomorrow in my office in a real hdmi monitor.

Note:
I put my Clover in one fat32 partition, i'm not using an EFI hidden partition feature that come with gpt. Only an ordinary fat32 partition, then put all of my os boot in there (manually). Fat32 partition is in the first partition, it's created from my last maverick installation. Then set the boot point in the BIOS manually. (Can be seen in my last screenshot, that there are 3 boot point: osx, lin, Windows). Hopefully your restarting problem can be solved.

Did you select it in SysPrefs->Sound? OS X does not switch automatically

My last try with hdmi connection to external monitor ( TV ) , osx can switch automatically to hdmi (manual also ) ....
(For while awaiting the results of tests by "nafsaka", what he can get sound hdmi .. !)

Another thing when i restart osx with HDMI is connected to the external monitor ( TV ) , it turns out my bootloader ( clover bootscreen display ) can appears on the eksternal monitor , but do not appear on the laptop screen (still black screen )
Whether this could indicate a problem with my laptop screen ...
What might be the problem is screen resolution or laptop screen to lose power if restarting..
What you have an idea for this..?

I have no driver attached to that device on my u430. Therefore it is probably not needed. I have no access to my MacBook Air (ATM), so I can't tell yo for sure, but that is my guess...

Your answer is quite clear and I can understand.. thanks..:thumbup:
It means there is no fault with my system for the device ..

many thanks ..

Another thing when i restart osx with HDMI is connected to the external monitor ( TV ) , it turns out my bootloader ( clover bootscreen display ) can appears on the eksternal monitor , but do not appear on the laptop screen (still black screen )

BIOS issue. You probably find the same with your BIOS setup screen.

I've use your file, i put the acpi patched in my clover (removing my old one), put the config.plist (removing my old one), and put all your kext (SLE) in clover kext directory (removing my old one).

After i use your file, the hibernate work smoothly. I'm amaze, even windows can't do something like this. In my mavericks, when i make my laptop sleep, it can't sleep totally, the fan, cpu, hardrive is out but still the led is on. But now, even the led is off (it's totally off). Then when i press the power, voilla it back just like when i last make it sleep (wow). It seems the "fastboot" feature of the bios has been used in here.

(I put back my clover kext and removing your kext file, since it blocking my tiny wifi usb)
And when i reboot, hdmi audio seems working. Right now i'm only using a converter cable hdmi to vga with audio output. No VGA monitor to test nor HDMI monitor to test. When i plug the HDMI converter, the HDMI audio becoming exist in the syspref (just like what mr rehabman said), and automatically switched. The sound is out for a couple seconds, then it's off (don't know why). I'll test it tomorrow in my office in a real hdmi monitor.

I am happy to share ..

I wait for the results of the test audio hdmi .

Note:

I put my Clover in one fat32 partition, i'm not using an EFI hidden
partition feature that come with gpt. Only an ordinary fat32 partition,
then put all of my os boot in there (manually). Fat32 partition is in
the first partition, it's created from my last maverick installation.
Then set the boot point in the BIOS manually. (Can be seen in my last
screenshot, that there are 3 boot point: osx, lin, Windows). Hopefully
your restarting problem can be solved.

This seems like a different method , not as I do .
I installed clover via osx and automatically installed in the EFI partition ...and clover automatically which will handle all os
see my screenshot;
20150130_090758.jpg Untitled.png
see -- no launch CSM --

I've try using hdmi monitor, hdmi to vga, hdmi tv, all have the same symptom which is, the hdmi audio is only playing for a about 2 seconds than stop playing. ioreg shows normal the engine output also come out, log from console only assertions which come up from applehdacontroller. Using fakepciid method or using patch method revealing the same symptom. I'm also experimenting with dsdt, ssdt, and some patch from toleda and pikeralpha also revealing the same symptom. I guess it is a bug in the applehda, so i give up (maybe mr rehabman knows another hint that i should try?)

When i'm experimenting with this hdmi audio, i finally meet the "blank screen after restart" problem. In my case it will show up if i'm experimenting the usb part. When i'm using your file, i'm experiencing that problem, then i remove the genericusb kext, and those problem gone. (but i can't make my laptop sleep). Then i change the setting bios for usb legacy to auto and prexhci to auto. Everything seems normal (usb3 is detected and run normally OOB) but i still can't make my laptop sleep. If i'm using your file with usbgeneric kext, i can sleep my computer but when i plug my usb3 flashdisk it read as device speed 2 (which i'm implying it is usb2) so it didn't turn on the usb3 capability. Maybe it can be a hint to solve "blank screen" issue.

When i disassemble using IDA what part is the applehdacontroller assertions is, it seems nothing todo with the error. The assertions (number 2877) only appearing at getOSDataOrOSNumberPropertyFromEntry method, which i think doesn't relate with the error of streaming audio into hdmi.

I've try using hdmi monitor, hdmi to vga, hdmi tv, all have the same symptom which is, the hdmi audio is only playing for a about 2 seconds than stop playing. ioreg shows normal the engine output also come out, log from console only assertions which come up from applehdacontroller. Using fakepciid method or using patch method revealing the same symptom. I'm also experimenting with dsdt, ssdt, and some patch from toleda and pikeralpha also revealing the same symptom. I guess it is a bug in the applehda, so i give up (maybe mr rehabman knows another hint that i should try?)

I'll look at your config...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

When i'm experimenting with this hdmi audio, i finally meet the "blank screen after restart" problem. In my case it will show up if i'm experimenting the usb part. When i'm using your file, i'm experiencing that problem, then i remove the genericusb kext, and those problem gone. (but i can't make my laptop sleep). Then i change the setting bios for usb legacy to auto and prexhci to auto. Everything seems normal (usb3 is detected and run normally OOB) but i still can't make my laptop sleep. If i'm using your file with usbgeneric kext, i can sleep my computer but when i plug my usb3 flashdisk it read as device speed 2 (which i'm implying it is usb2) so it didn't turn on the usb3 capability. Maybe it can be a hint to solve "blank screen" issue.

If you're getting "instant wake" (sounds like it), there are fixes for that..

When i'm experimenting with this hdmi audio, i finally meet the "blank screen after restart" problem. In my case it will show up if i'm experimenting the usb part. When i'm using your file, i'm experiencing that problem, then i remove the genericusb kext, and those problem gone. (but i can't make my laptop sleep).
Maybe it can be a hint to solve "blank screen" issue.

I tried to remove genericusb kext , still get the " blank screen after restart "

Then i change the setting bios for usb legacy to auto and prexhci to auto. Everything seems normal (usb3 is detected and run normally OOB) but i still can't make my laptop sleep. If i'm using your file with usbgeneric kext, i can sleep my computer but when i plug my usb3 flashdisk it read as device speed 2 (which i'm implying it is usb2) so it didn't turn on the usb3 capability.

Currently my bios settings is optimize default ( F9 ), usb legacy enabled and prexhci auto.
You are right , without installing genericusb kext , all usb3 & usb2 ports handled by appleusbxhci kext and running normally ....this also happens on my laptop, but for sleep problems do not seem to happen.
If using genericusb kext , all USB3 ports and usb2 will be read as usb2 and handled by appleUSBEHCI kext . although visible in the USB device tree, usb 3.0 hi speed with genericusb kext , but useless .

But I have a reason to use genericusb kext with flag ( -gux_defer_usb2 ) ; if no genericusb kext , the laptop will freeze when turn off / remove usb wifi ... ( tp link wn725n & dlink dwa 123)

I do not know why usb wifi (when turn off/remove) make the system freeze if the usb port handled by appleusbxhci kext .

And this time my laptop is still running with the remaining problems ; blank screen after restart and no hdmi audio .

And this time my laptop is still running with the remaining problems ; blank screen after restart and no hdmi audio .

Blank screen at what point?

HMDI audio for Haswell has the following requirements:
- Device at 0x00030000 renamed to HDAU (it usually B0D3)
- patches to framebuffer to change DP ports to HDMI ports (there are patches in my example config.plist files but disabled)
- "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" property injected on HDAU/HDEF/IGPU objects
- FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext if your HDAU device is not supported (0x0a0c is supported, 0x0c0c is not natively supported)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back