Contribute
Register

Asus UX51VZA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to do that without access to OSX?

Will doing this overwrite the MBR on the USB drive? If not, can you point me to a tutorial that might help me accomplish this? Thanks again!

Will doing this overwrite the MBR on the USB drive? If not, can you point me to a tutorial that might help me accomplish this? Thanks again!

You only need to replace /boot.

If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how I should go about doing this? I have installed hfsprogs on my system, but cannot find any information on installing Chameleon from Linux while preserving the contents of the installation target. Thanks.

If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how I should go about doing this? I have installed hfsprogs on my system, but cannot find any information on installing Chameleon from Linux while preserving the contents of the installation target. Thanks.

Download the 'boot' file for Chameleon. Copy it to the root of your USB at /boot.

So, where can I download this "/boot" file? Should I just download a binary build of the latest version of chameleon and then move the file i386/boot to my USB stick and replace /boot with i386/boot? If that is not correct, can you provide me with a link to download this file? Sorry that I am not of much help :oops:

So, where can I download this "/boot" file? Should I just download a binary build of the latest version of chameleon and then move the file i386/boot to my USB stick and replace /boot with i386/boot? If that is not correct, can you provide me with a link to download this file? Sorry that I am not of much help :oops:

Follow the links from here (a few of clicks later...): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-23svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

(note: found by google 'chameleon pkg installer binaries')

Download the i386_v2437.zip (Note: bleeding edge).

Just to make sure: After I have downloaded this file, I only copy "i386/boot" to my USB device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back