Contribute
Register

ASUS ROG GL551JK fully working on Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i checked my config.plist and i have everything you show me except this part :
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Enable USB3 post wake</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                xoDIAAAAAQ==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                xoDIAAAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>

So, i'll reboot to see a difference and then try the ACPI files.

for your reference here is my entire config.plist and the list of kexts loaded by clover.
don't forget to clean kext cache and reboot when you change something.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 290
  • kexts-10.10.txt
    594 bytes · Views: 203
I come back to this post to talk about advancements in my project: Yosemite Clover installation on my ASUS UEFI-G551JM CN102H.
I followed scrupulously the thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html as well as http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145427-fix-intel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html to properly operate the display and it works : I have a fresh and functional Yosemite installation. All seems to be good, my Intel HD 4600 QE/CI is working well.

Then I used the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html to extract my SSDT DSDT with Ubuntu, and set aside files that concerned the CPU. I tried to clean my files for patching/compiling using MaciASL and save them as ACPI Machine language binary to my EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory (I also disabled the Geforce GTX 860 via DSDT). I checked "drop oem" in my clover configurator and put my DSDT.aml into the slot where it asks for the DSDT name.

After reboot i have a bug : my graphic card is only 7 MB of VRAM (normally 1536 MB). I found lot of people having the same trouble but nothing look to work. Can somebody help me?

You need to include more than just DSDT. Make sure you don't eliminate SSDTs that are not CPU related (personally, I like to include all of them... even CPU related ones).

for your reference here is my entire config.plist and the list of kexts loaded by clover.
don't forget to clean kext cache and reboot when you change something.
Here's my kexts installed (with Kext wizard) :
  • AppleHDADisabler
  • RealtekRTL8111
  • VoodooHDA

And here, my kext loaded from the folder "/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/" by Clover :
ACPIBacklight.kext
FakeSMC.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
FakePCIID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext

At this time my trackpad is crazy, if i forget and touch it, it go anywhere making anything stupid:!: (like drag drop some links, files or other) i don't know why and i don't find yet a good kext to install.

When i say i don't know why, i mean i don't know things i did to make it happen, before my trackpad worked (without "Apple gesture") but it did the job...

In the second post of this thread, JimmyDerp said "The trackpad driver was one of the hardest to track down. I tried at least 5 or 6 different drivers before finding one that would work. Even version 4.0 of the same Elan driver doesn't work right. Version 3.8 was the sweet spot - all gestures working and everything." i find this kext but it seem to not work very good, even i put "max speed" on the parameters he is too slow. Also the gesture don't work.
Can u tell me what's the one (kext) u use ? It's the generic "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" ?

So, after the week-end i reinstall everything from scratch.
I made my SSDT/DSDT files and only correct the mistakes and the basics like the "syst patches" (Remove _DSM methods) and others, then i tried to launche them from clover.
I have all of them here : /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
SSDT10.aml
SSDT9.aml
SSDT8.aml
SSDT7.aml
SSDT6.aml
SSDT5.aml
SSDT4.aml
SSDT3.aml
SSDT2.aml
SSDT1.aml
DSDT.aml

After reboot, i have the same problem my graphic card is only 7 MB Vram :cry:
I attach my files :
View attachment EXTRACT.zip

Last edited:
So, after the week-end i reinstall everything from scratch.
I made my SSDT/DSDT files and only correct the mistakes and the basics like the "syst patches" (Remove _DSM methods) and others, then i tried to launche them from clover.
I have all of them here : /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
SSDT10.aml
SSDT9.aml
SSDT8.aml
SSDT7.aml
SSDT6.aml
SSDT5.aml
SSDT4.aml
SSDT3.aml
SSDT2.aml
SSDT1.aml
DSDT.aml

After reboot, i have the same problem my graphic card is only 7 MB Vram :cry:
I attach my files :
View attachment 137762

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Thanks for the reply, this is my output from kexstat :
Code:
ubuntu:RehabMan iskandar$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82254000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
ubuntu:RehabMan iskandar$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
ubuntu:RehabMan iskandar$

And all the files attached :
View attachment CLOVER.zipView attachment MacBook Pro de Iskamyra.ioreg.zipView attachment RehabMan.zip

Of course i did it after uncheck "drop oem" in clover and reboot so my computer's VRAM is 1736 MB

An other thing very strange, when is said my QE/CI is working well i forget to tell that the Menu Bar and some icons are strange and bugged.
After booting, the menu bar is very bugged :
1.png

2.png

3.png

and the only thing i found is to close my session and restart it (not rebooting) and then i have a real beautiful Desktop:
Capture d’écran 2015-05-17 à 17.25.44.jpg

Also, if i load my computer with my ACPI files in Clover i have a normal desktop ( without closing and restarting my session but only with 7MB Vram)

Last edited:
Of course i did it after uncheck "drop oem" in clover and reboot so my computer's VRAM is 1736 MB

No. Files that don't demonstrate the problem are not useful.

An other thing very strange, when is said my QE/CI is working well i forget to tell that the Menu Bar and some icons are strange and bugged.

Enable "9mb cursor bytes" patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back