Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68-V LX Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1761859

doing that edit to the bios rom unlocks a part of the bios which causes problems with the powermanagement kext in osx.

so you download the latest bios update from asus, do the edits to the rom, and then flash the rom

speedstepper patches the kext which kernel panics, the bios mod fixes the actual problem

Is there a chance that this will solve sleep issues? Currently it won't wake from sleep at all.

Also, from looking at it, the speak used seems beyond my ability!

Oh, and also, anyone know how to set suspend mode S3? Referred to in FAQs etc on Asus site but can't see anything in the BIOS?!

In case it's of any help, here's my DSDT attached. This is original extracted using DSDT Editor, and then patched with the regular Asus P8Z68-V patch.

If anyone could have a peek through it to see if there's anything tweak able to improve it. DSDT Editor reports 0 errors, 0 warning and 233 optimisations upon compiling and fixing errors.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    37.6 KB · Views: 238
I now have sound. All onboard back outputs and inputs work and the front mounted headphones and mic connectors (connected HD Audio header on Fractal Design R3 case to the audio connector on the motherboard).

Only sleep and USB3 to go. Once it's done, I'll upload a full tutorial with all the files I've used.

EDIT: Sleep getting better. It used to send to sleep and that was it. No return. However, in turning "Internal PLL Overvoltage" off in the BIOS, I get a better response. It goes to sleep for a second or two before powering up again, but then seems to reset and no monitor activity at all but computer sounds like it's kicked back in!? o_O

seriously you guys rock for figuring this out, I was doing it by meself, and have gotting to sound, no sleep yet either..
If I find out anything I'll let you know... I see a thread on osx86.net about using voodoo, but that doesn't work for me and I rather it work out with a solid dsdt or even know which kexts. In either case, thank you all for your hard work!
(p8z68 pro gen 3)

dylan90401 said:
seriously you guys rock for figuring this out, I was doing it by meself, and have gotting to sound, no sleep yet either..
If I find out anything I'll let you know... I see a thread on osx86.net about using voodoo, but that doesn't work for me and I rather it work out with a solid dsdt or even know which kexts. In either case, thank you all for your hard work!
(p8z68 pro gen 3)
For anyone with this board, this is how I got sound:

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2270

and follow the instructions there to the word.

Bunford said:
dylan90401 said:
(p8z68 pro gen 3)
For anyone with this board, this is how I got sound:

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2270

and follow the instructions there to the word.

thank you for your quick response.. I have realtek 892, and I have tried a similar method with the appropriate kext for the 892, but only 2 channels even when midi audio controls open..

Sorry, as I have the LX version, I have the 887 codec and strugged but this method worked. Sleep is an issue but gonne try a USB method in next day or two and hopefully have everything working bar sleep for the moment.

Though, for you 892 issues, you could try this recent claimed resolution....

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2331

Bunford said:
Is there a chance that this will solve sleep issues? Currently it won't wake from sleep at all.

Also, from looking at it, the speak used seems beyond my ability!

Oh, and also, anyone know how to set suspend mode S3? Referred to in FAQs etc on Asus site but can't see anything in the BIOS?!

This was confusing because of the terminology, but I fixed my sleep issue which was it would not wake by keyboard or mouse after the computer goes to sleep.

In BIOS -Advanced Mode under the Advanced menu last item on the page is APM. Select that and it opens a new page where there are a number of options for power on. #2 and #3 are power on by PS/2 keyboard and power on by PS/2 mouse.

There are several options for the keyboard and Space bar is the one I chose. So far, any key I press on the keyboard wakes the computer from sleep.

My mouse will wake the the computer only by clicking on the buttons. Movement doesn't wake the computer up even though I can see the tracking light illuminate as it senses the motion.

My keyboard and mouse are made by Logitech. I'll try my Mac keyboard and mouse next.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back