amd 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I'm on my way to building my 2nd hackintosh for photo/video/audio production/editing! :headbang:

Parts:
- CPU: 2600k
- CPU Cooler: Scythe Yasya - This cooler supposedly clears the heatsinks on the Vengeance RAM.
- Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe - My Gigabyte UD3R mobo worked great, but I wanted to try Asus since I've had a great experience with an Asus laptop.
- RAM [EDIT: I changed RAM to Crucial CT51264BA1339 since I was having lockup/freezing issues with the Vengeance RAM.] Corsair Vengeance 16gb - Got this RAM since it was one of the few that popped up with the specs I wanted, I just didn't know the heat spreaders were so large!
- GPU: PowerColor SCSD Radeon HD 6850 passive - I love my 9800 GT Silent Cell, but want something more powerful for this new build.
- Optical: Sony Optiarc - Oldie but goodie.
- SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120 gb - zoom zoom zoom
- Case: Lian Li PC-Z60B - I love my PC-B25S, but I'm a sucker for new products. This case will probably be louder than the PC-B25S. I'll see how it goes once I install all the Scythe fans.
- 120mm Fans: 3 Scythe Slip Stream 500 rpm Used Noctua fans and cpu cooler in my 1st hackintosh, went with Scythe this time for the cost savings.
- 140mm Fan: Noctua NF-P14 - The Scythe 140mm fan doesn't come with adapters to fit 140mm holes, so went with the Noctua.
- PSU: Seasonic X650 Gold

I tried installing 10.6.7 with my old GPU, 9800 GT Silent Cell and it got to the desktop fine. I didn't try changing resolution on the card, since I'm planning to get the 6850 on Monday. The onboard blutooth works, haven't tried networking or audio yet.

I'll try to update this thread with any progress, but I'm a noob so expect things to go slowly.

Wish me luck!

I was able to install 10.6.3 using both iBoot 3.1.0 (using PCIRootUID=1 both before and after install) and Tony's boot. Yay, I made progress. lol

I disabled Speedstep and Turbo in BIOS, but it may be possible to install w/ them enabled.

Next I'll CCC and try installing 10.6.8 and using Multibeast.

Wish me luck!

Hope you get the ASUS going as I prefer them over gigabyte but I have been using the UD3R for 1 year now with no problems at 10.6.5. I use FCP 7 and was looking at the new Final Cut X but I am not sure if the Digital rights management may be a problem on Hackintoshes. I guess if it is controlled by Intel and just needs to pass through the DRM then all is good but if it is a different part of software then it may not jive? I was hoping this would allow me to download FCP X and have a valid license for it. So I am going to attempt a top of the line edit system for sandy bridge.

What would the best system consist of in your opinion and be stable. I would rather have stability than speed if there were any concerns about hardware. I have a Mini DP running my Apple Cinema Display and I could just use this card but I want to push the limits.

Thanks for your info!

Thanks TooSixty! I will try now and update with results.

Also, thanks to everyone here at tonymacx86, especially tonymacx86, for making this great resource available for noobs like me. :clap:

Thanks TooSixy I will need all the help I can get. I built a 980X with my UD3R and it was really nice, but Final Cut wouldn't push the threads and only used half for rendering. Adobe Premiere would use all 12 Threads though and 64Bit rendering 2x as fast, so I would gain there but not FCP as much. Although it was so much faster than using an iMac that it was worth it all the way! So I have read that the new Intel 2600K is around 10% faster than the 980X. Curious to see what it benches but this could possibly only be 10% in windows benchmarks.

I can't find any definitive info for Mac other than Sandy Bridge will be the future and if apps are compatible they should edge out the 980X. I was also thinking of going with NVidia for CUDA and I have to research what card is the most stable with highest performance still.

Only info I found for ASUS boards that may be helpful is that they only like certain types of DVD drives for OSX. I bought a $24 ASUS branded DVD successfully when I couldn't get any installation screens and that was after trying everything! I think I used an LG BluRay with good results too on an ASUS, but my Pioneer DVD was older and would not work at all.

Many thanks to this forum. I have finally got my first Hackintosh working except for audio.
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe board ( 3 days of again and again)
Any ideas on the no audio device solution?

try this one. viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21749

It should work 100% for you since you have an ati card.

I managed to get every thing working with 10.6.8 except video and i'm not sure i'll ever get it to work since i have a GTX 465 from nVIDIA.

So far: Audio woking (i'm not shure but i think it's only stereo)
Intel lan
Bluetooth
Sata detection is corect
USB 3.0 (not tested yet with a usb 3 device, works with usb 2 device)
RAM and CPU detection si corect
just about everything work (except fermi cards)

Give it a try and keep us posted

PS: I also used a P8Z68 Instead a P8P67 and it worked like a charm.

Be sure to install Antipop to get rid of the poping sounds that the SL makes when it turns sound on and off.

Hello everyone..
Im new in hackitnosh world. Thank you all you people for all posts, guides, and answers which helped me to run my first mac os :)

My computer config is based on Asus P8Z68 Deluxe motherboard and Gigabyte 5770 Silent Pipe 1GB graphic card.

This is what i did so far:

:thumbup:
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 - running without problems
- HD5770 (not reference) - working on two displays hdmi + dvi (framebuffer set to Ukuari)
- i7 2600K - speedstep working (GeekBench = 14387 CineBench = 8,18/49)
- Audio ALC889 - working on spdif (non dsdt HDAenabler ALC889)
- LAN - wifi Dell mini PCIE card working OOB as Airport Extreme
- USB3 Nec - working with USB2 devices
- SSD Vertex3 - working with Trim support

:problem:
- eSata JMB362 - not working
- bluetooth v2.1 + EDR (onboard) - not working
- lan realtek 8111e - not working (not needed)

:banghead:
I have 20 sec pause during start because of „SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload”.

:D
I was following guide by TooSixy
Asus P8P67 Deluxe with Speedstepping/Sleep Install Guide
- didint apply dsdt (i dont know how :/ i tried and end up with several kp :( )
- and didnt copy P8P67SATAControllers.kext because of different motherboard.
- applied TRIM Supporter Download
- applied AtiConfig=<Ukuari> to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

If some P8Z68 Deluxe owners have some questions I will try to help.

:think:
I wish someone can help with:

- DSDT Guide to P8Z68 Deluxe
eSata
bluetooth on mainborad
bloody 20sec pause on start (SNB Framebuffer...)

all the best for hackintosh users :) :headbang:

TooSixy said:
eSATA - You'll need to have the edits in DSDT file
Bluetooth - See this thread
Realtek LAN - You'll need Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext in MB

You shouldn't be using the DSDT.aml file I included with the guide. It's for the P8P67 Deluxe board only.

You may use the P8P67SATAControllers.kext file. Though yours is Z68, the other AHCI controllers are the same (JMicron and Marvell).

With regards to having your own DSDT file, you might want to contact MaLd0n (see this thread) and ask him to help generate a DSDT file for your Z68 board.

Check out this thread and see if it helps with your 5770 card.

Thank you for response. I made another big progress. And big thanks for your Asus P8P67 guide, it helped me a lot before.
Ive spent last night reinstalling system over and over and this is what I achive:

- HD5770 fix didnt work :/ it made all things worse actually.. (stuck on snb framebuffer)
I think Im going to replace my 5770 with 6870 today.
- Blutooth works with firmware by ajg0r see
- JMicron JMB362 and Marvell 88SE9128 recognised in System Profile, but Intel Z68 is Unknown Device :/ (I think that is because I used your P8P67 kext)
- Realtek still doesnt recognised by System Profile (Ive installed Lnx2Mac's Realtek from Multibeast)

So its almost everythink working now :)
Im going to ask MaLd0n to help me with DSDT. I really need esata support and maybe audio support. (I know that I shouldnt use dsdt.aml from different board. I was trying to generate and patch my own dsdt.aml but DSDTSE is still black magic for me :) )

And one more thing:
I solved "SNB Framebuffer did not show up" problem by swiching off Lucid Virtu in BIOS setup. I didnt know that Mac Os doesnt support Lucid Virtu yet (maybe Lion). It could be very usefull to make it work somehow.

When I finnally setup everything Im thinking to create Guide for P8Z68 Deluxe users so other users can find a way to the light. ;)

thank you again and all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back