Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 8.04.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 8.04.23 PM.png
    274.2 KB · Views: 223
[Update]
I got my audio working by following these posts:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/175278-no-sound-alc-889-el-capitan.html

Now I just don't have USB 3.0 working. It's enabled in BIOS. It sounds like it you guys didn't do anything and it just worked out of the box? Weird.

Audio Chipset is the same for both motherboards.
Did you try to install the kext I posted here with kext drop?

For USB 3.0 I can't say anything as it was working for me out of the box.
But to get rid of this problem pls consider also the option to buy a compatible PCI card you won't regret it.

Stay Tuned.

Roberto

Finally El Cap run perfectly on my P6X58,
this result has been achieved with the help of Roberto, thank you !!!

Enjoy El cap

Thank you , most of the credit goes to TonyMac as everything started going well after he posted the config for x58 system.

Thank you ziocharly for the trick about RAM.

BIG thanks as well to all members of this amazing forum for their patience and their high knowledge provided everyday.

:thumbup:

Attachments

• Asus_P6X58D_E.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 253
i havent have any luck im in yosemite 10.10.5 with out any problems
i will try this will keep you posted

Try with DSDT for your mobo.
Pls update bios to latest version.

Thanks, I am already using the DSDT you posted earlier and still no luck with USB 3.0. It's not critical since I don't use any USB 3.0 devices anyway. But being a perfectionist, I just want to make everything work :).

Other than that, now I just need to buy a wifi/bluetooth card on eBay and make handoff/continuity work with my iPhone.

Thanks, I am already using the DSDT you posted earlier and still no luck with USB 3.0. It's not critical since I don't use any USB 3.0 devices anyway. But being a perfectionist, I just want to make everything work :).

Other than that, now I just need to buy a wifi/bluetooth card on eBay and make handoff/continuity work with my iPhone.

The DSDT is specific for your mobo , the one posted before was intended for premium version.

Audio optimization, best solution?

@Roberto

I've used these kext for audio:
AppleHDA
HDAEnabler7

and work perfectly, but when boot, these audio kext delay the startup a little...

My Audio ID is 7, different from your...

Attachments

• Audio_cfg.png
    Audio_cfg.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 273
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back