Contribute
Register

Asus G53JW Mountain Lion Installation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, with my DSDT the only kexts that i have to change are AppleGraphicsPowerManagement and AppleHDA, the rest works natively (except USB 3.0 = Multibeast, Fn Keys = AsusHotkeys). Make sure to check Generate P states and C states in Chameleon.plist.

Why your processor have clock speed 2.93 GHz? It was overclocked or something? And did you try to benchmark your system?

Ok, my temperature problem was solved :D. Just remove Tuxera NTFS. Paragon NTFS for Mac work great!

The problem with Paragon ( for me at least) is that it prevents native sleep, tried the newer version hoping that it would fix the problem but no success either.

Native sleep work fine with Paragon 9.5.3 :D

Dug out an old IOAudioFamily.kext which allowed audio (including mic) after sleep.
Here it is:

I tested on my system (after applying 10.8.2 and nvidia Drivers + the fix by vczilla) and there is audio after sleep even after plugging in (and out) some earphones.

Attachments

• IOAudioFamily.kext.1.zip
    161.6 KB · Views: 150
Ok tested and i lose audio with this kext.

Can you use you Laptop with projector? It work perfectly on Lion, but now it just display nothing :-<

@slayer23
the audio Icon is there, but there is no sound or whats so ever, I tried to replace the responsible kext, but I get grey audio icon :(. Surprisingly, when I plug a headphone, the audio works!, as for sleep, I still get artifacts in 10.8.2, and I have no plans following the nvidia 550Ti guide, guess I'm too lazy :0.
I should note that, I tried a different ver of boot loader, and the audio came back, after that, I used ubuntu, and then the same problem occurred again :|.

I've ran 10.8.1 with the new Nvidia drivers and also 10.8.2 with xitrum's link to fix and repatch of the nvidia drivers, but I've had freezes on both. The freezes consist of freezing screen and movable mouse pointer and usually resulting in the beachball spinning and I have to manually power off and reboot. Are these the new Fermi Freezes? I ask because on Lion and Snow Leopard, it usually just totally froze up. So am I experiencing Fermi Freezes again or is this a result of something else? Thanks.

I don't think that 640m GT is compatible yet, eventhough there are drivers for 650m GT!.

Try to install the lasted CUDA drivers from nvidia website, Gl.

No, never tried that, but my VGA output doesn't work so means won't work with a projector.(didn't care about that, i use HDMI)

When using this kext i lose audio completely (greyed icon), so far i could get a working AppleHDA from SL with another IAudioFamily and everything works perfectly after sleep, still i prefer ML one as it gives better sound quality and much better mic sensibility. The fact that there is sound only from headphones after sleep means that we need to add another EAPD wake up for speakers, thing i don't understand yet.

As for the idea to get Nvidia work on 10.8.2 from the nvidia 550Ti guide, i confirm that it works pretty well, i'm actually using it and it takes 5mins of copy/paste on terminal to achieve it.

you can do me a favor if you can attach those kexts, anyways, I tried many appleHDA and IOaudio kexts for alc269, but no luck, I've found a tutorial on how to dump audio settings etc in ubuntu, I've havent tried it yet, but I think the problem is in kernal caches, for example, I used my external usb to boot to ml and then the audio worked, the second time I had tried, it didnt work, I tried this comand to boot (-f -F), but I got infinite booting screen, thank you anyways, and sorry for any grammar errors.

I don't think that 640m GT is compatible yet, eventhough there are drivers for 650m GT!.

Try to install the lasted CUDA drivers from nvidia website, Gl.

Oops I typed it in my profile wrong, I have the 460m. So is anyone else having the freezes with the spinning beachball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back