Contribute
Register

Asus G53JW Mountain Lion Installation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey first of all I would like to say a huge thank you to you and all of the other posters in this thread. I have successfully installed 10.8.2 on my G53JW-NX1 and I have most of the stuff working. I am very new to using OSX so please forgive me for not knowing much. I am very computer inclined but I'm looking for some help.

The biggest thing is that I can't figure out how to get my audio working. I got my hotkeys working, and when I hit the fn + f10, 11, or 12 for volume controls, it displays on the screen but it does nothing. There is no audio out. I have tried a few things but I have no idea how to check the current kexts or anything.

Next, I seem to be having some kind of issue with my USB 3 port where if I have something plugged into it, use it, then unplug it, the screen goes gray and tells me I have to shut down the computer. Not sure if this is what you call a kernel panic (KP) or what but it has only happened one time so far.

Video seems to be working but again I'm unsure as to how to check to make sure that it is set up correctly. I found a link to the most up to date Nvidia drivers somewhere on here, but when I tried to install them it says that there is no need to install these drivers because my current drivers are up to date. Good sign :)

Wireless is working. Haven't had any issues with that so far.. I can update if I run into anything.

My camera isn't working, but I read that I might have to use something called "CamTwist" for that. Any insight is appreciated.

I think that's about it. Again thanks to everyone who has contributed in this forum, and I hope I can add to those in need. :)

Can anyone help me out here. Still can't get sound to work. Thanks!

this is the only working VoodooHDA version that works on my G73JH..(remove AppleHDA before)

I´m looking for a trackpad kext..mine works kinda but no prefPane..

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    161.7 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back