Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats using bupdater, the dos tool?

if so, thats a shame.
have removed the -V LK and -V LX models.
all other models appear to have flashback.

Yip, thinking I'm going to have to sell my board...

mrengles: Very sweet! I just grabbed a test drive and installed with you're settings. Everything working 100% and console logs look great. Thinking this is the cleanest/vanilla install procedure we're going to get... Nice work

Three Cheers! :headbang:

EDIT: You might want to put this in http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/ and mention it requires the patched bios...

Please see my attached MultiBeast install settings for a Asus P8Z77-M Pro, I think your install should be pretty similar. Someone with more knowledge can correct me if i'm wrong. "The file name says it all, and without all the extra EasyBeast stuff."
Thanks for reply.
Actually I have everything working great now (except sleep I guess, and turbo boost/speedstep), but by chance read an article regarding flashing bios. Thought I'd only need to flash it and then delete some kexts like "null cpu" and replace patched power management with the original one. Seems like you recommend me to have a clean install?
To be honest I've never patched bios for hackintosh, so I simply don't really get what may cause KP, though I'm "hackintoshing" since OS X Tiger.
Anyway thanks for reply!

Thanks for reply.
Actually I have everything working great now (except sleep I guess, and turbo boost/speedstep), but by chance read an article regarding flashing bios. Thought I'd only need to flash it and then delete some kexts like "null cpu" and replace patched power management with the original one. Seems like you recommend me to have a clean install?
To be honest I've never patched bios for hackintosh, so I simply don't really get what may cause KP, though I'm "hackintoshing" since OS X Tiger.
Anyway thanks for reply!

You can take what I said with a grain of salt, because we have different mother boards but also very similar. What I posted simply worked for me. The reason I did a clean install was for two reasons, some kext's can disable sleep, and two... I'm OCD and having a clean (stock as possible) system would ensure none of the multibeast installed option were causing me problems.

I've only been hackintosh-ing since Lion, but strictly using a Mac since well the beging of Mac OS. =) this helps me in know way since hacks don't just always work.

Good luck, keep us posted. PM if you have specific questions.

Should you still use a DSDT with the patched BIOS?

Should you still use a DSDT with the patched BIOS?

Your motherboard might not require a DSDT like my P8Z77-M Pro, I'm using a DSDT just to fix some cosmetic issues in "About This Mac" System Information.

Your motherboard might not require a DSDT like my P8Z77-M Pro, I'm using a DSDT just to fix some cosmetic issues in "About This Mac" System Information.

Are you still using the DSDT for 1016 (I have the same MB as you)? If not, do you have one for 1406?

By the way, thanks for the original guild for your build. It helped me when I initially set up lion.

Are you still using the DSDT for 1016 (I have the same MB as you)? If not, do you have one for 1406?

By the way, thanks for the original guild for your build. It helped me when I initially set up lion.
..."not require a DSDT like my P8Z77-M" (With modded bios)

Maximus V Gene bios from here works like a dream. ;)

Samisnake, just updated the patched BIOS for P8Z77-M Pro (v1504)

From Asus website:
P8Z77-M PRO BIOS 1504

1.Improve compatibility with Windows 8 OS.
2.Improve system stability.
3.Improve memory compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back