Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... the Lion-based audio seems to work perfectly. Think it's worth it go with the alpha drivers?

Toleda could probably answer better.. if you look under the Audio forum you can probably find the answer. ML greatly simplified the pin layout in DSDT, and it's supposedly optimized for ML.

Hey can you guys play back stuff bought from iTunes? Very example if I play Smallville it gives an error about HDCP.....if I tell it to forego the HD versions and play SD then I get a drug trip pinky screeny thingy.

Hey can you guys play back stuff bought from iTunes? Very example if I play Smallville it gives an error about HDCP.....if I tell it to forego the HD versions and play SD then I get a drug trip pinky screeny thingy.

Digi, I do have the same issue. Using Mac Pro 3,1 system definition I can at least play SD stuff. HD stuff bought on Itunes just displays a black screen and does not play.

Searching, it looks like this is a common issue.. even on real Macs.. I'll look into it more.

There's a lot of articles, etc. on it on the Apple forums.. I haven't seen any kind of fix for this. I believe some Apple Hardware users experience the same issue.

This article kind of explains it:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1157262/hdcp_errors.html

Try this article (redownload one of your movies)?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4168415?tstart=0

Updated as follows (thanks to all my guinea pigs) :)

Added three DSDTs to the original build post.

All DSDTs include the fixes for external disk icons, long wake, and add on board audio.

1. DSDT.aml.Lion.Audio.zip - This DSDT includes the on board audio support if you are using the LION AppleHDA.kext (from the latest Multibeast 'With DSDT' settings.

2. DSDT.aml.ML.Audio.zip - This DSDT includes the on board audio support if you are using the MOUNTAIN LION AppleHDA.kext (as explained above).

3. DSDT.aml.ML.Audio.HDMI.zip - Same as #2, but *my* working HD4000 and discrete GPU HDMI audio support. This will most likely not work for you. See the posts later in this thread with the explanation on how to add HDMI audio.

If you get a kernel panic with any of these DSDTs, at the chameleon boot prompt type DSDT=Null and it should bypass the DSDT loading.

Buckeyes when you made me a custom DSDT what audio did you associate it with? I will begin to try the HDMI mod when I have a few hours to play around.

Buckeyes when you made me a custom DSDT what audio did you associate it with? I will begin to try the HDMI mod when I have a few hours to play around.

The DSDT I made for you is for the Lion AppleHDA.kext installed via 'with DSDT' through Multibeast. It enables the audio ports on the board, including the front ports.

Anyone having issues getting on iCloud? I cant seem to login.

I got it working. Thanks

Sorry for not responding this week, was out of town on business.

Did you make headway with adding HDMI support? If not, if you send me a copy of your IOReg I can try and edit your DSDT to support.

Lemme know.

Updated to 10.8.2 Supplemental; no issues.

Also, I forgot to mention that after I upgrade to the Mountain Lion version of AppleHDA.kext (and made the associated DSDT changes), the ML boot times are a LOT faster. I'm in ML now in under 20 seconds.. before it was taking up to a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back